Thursday, September 17, 2009

Ten Months

Jackson is spending a couple of nights with Grammy, so I figured it would be a good time to catch up on some blogging.

Our little boy is already over 10 months old-- only 6 weeks until his birthday. UNBELIEVABLE! I mean, I seriously doubted that I'd even last the first 6 weeks that he was alive. Alas, here I am alive and well as he is about to turn one.
Jackson's 10 month picture-
also capturing the first time he stood up by himself!

Jackson is so much fun. Everyday, he makes me laugh. Last week, he started making these monkey faces and he is hilarious as he tries to chew his food (make sure to check out the video). If you get him to focus on you, you can make faces at him and he will mimic you- or try, at least! He is so cute. I love this kid.



We can already see Jackson's extroverted personality and he loves watching bigger kids play. He always wants to play with/on David (the little boy I watch), much to David's annoyance. Jackson learned the other day how to make his way down the stairs, without falling, so his new favorite thing is to go up the stairs and then down, and then up, and then down... I have found a spot to make myself comfortable and will just sit there literally for an hour as he entertains himself.

Jackson and his favorite activity

Jackson began taking his first steps at the end of last month. He can take several steps and do pretty well if he would actually want to. A lot of the times, he will just decide that crawling is faster, and a little easier, and opt to crawl instead. Derek is the one motivator for Jackson to walk-- if Derek is the one being walked to, then Jackson goes a lot farther.



Last, but not least, Jackson is definitely "pragmatic" as Derek says, or I might use the word lazy. He won't event try to hold a bottle if he knows you'll do it and he tries so hard to find away to get away with as little effort as possible. Whether it be one handed, resting it on his tray on his stroller and leaning forward to suck, or even to set it on the floor and lean over it (like he is crawling)- but he has found that to be unproductive. It's cute to watch him try though! Another thing that is beginning to become apparent, is Jackson's temperament. This kid is not patient, and is easily frustrated when he can't get a toy to do what he wants or when he doesn't get his way. Derek has already determined Jackson to be a strong-willed child. I don't know where he gets it from.

Jackson thought he was the coolest
kid in town when he got to drive the cart!

When Jackson was itty bitty, I got to cuddle with him as much as I wanted. Then, he learned to squirm and wiggle, and never wanted to cuddle- he was just too busy. These days, he has begun to let me cuddle him again. Sometimes it's when he's drinking a bottle or when he is getting ready for bed and every once in a great while, it will be just a quick cuddle just because before he gets up to play. When I go down to the nursery to get Jackson, he is always super excited to see me and of course, it makes me feel really loved!

Jackson playing peek-a-boo
at the McDonald's Playplace


Oh! And I forgot to mention the blanket. Jackson loves his blanket. We actually went out and bought a similar blanket so that he we will have a back-up! Hardly anything lights up his face like his blanket does. Sometimes, he is so excited to see his blanket when I put him in his crib, it takes him awhile to realize that he's going to have to go to sleep! He always falls forward into his blanket and hides his face in it, then squeals with delight.

1 comment:

  1. he really is the cutest kid I have ever seen! I love Jackson updates!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and I always try to reply. Make sure you include your email so I can contact you!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails