Saturday, November 6, 2010

I came out alive...

While I once prided myself with a clean car back in my college days, we're talking monthly washings and vacuuming... that's just not a reality anymore. In fact, the last time it got a really good, full interior cleaning was the month before Jackson was born. Yes, he just turned two. Sad isn't it!? Even worse, is that only a few months ago the filth got to the point where it bothered my dad and he dug out the wet vac on the front two seats.

On the way to the mall today, after Julie and I dug our way to find our seats I vowed that I just had to clean out my car sometime soon. The weather today was fabulous, the clutter and dirt finally got to me, and I went to clean out the car. I worried that I might not survive, but I did. Though, I did have to warn friends to come check on me if they hadn't heard from me in awhile!

This is kinda embarrassing, but I'm determined that I'm not the only mom with a car like this. So, maybe another friend will see this and feel a little better about herself.

The backseat-- no visible floor, period.

The passenger floor that Julie navigates through every time we go somewhere.

I brought our large trashcan over to the car ready to pitch whatever needed to go and sorted through the rest. Well, sorta... there are still boxes on top of my kitchen table that I have to go through more. But this is what I came up with.

Two boxes of crap. Three pairs of shoes (two pairs Jackson, one pair mine). Random toys. Portable high chair. Monkey puppet. Two pumpkins. Can of green beans. Unopened roll of Christmas wrapping paper. Child-size life vest. My missing music folder for ladies' ensemble. Various DVDs.

 

Six adult jacket/coats. Three toddler sized.

Two large blankets and a never-been-used set of queen sheets that I purchased in summer 2009 before I knew we would have a king sized bed. Never made it inside.


Lots of papers-- including this take home sheet from Jackson's 12 month well baby visit, from October of 2009. What is this still doing in my car?!

At least I found several of my missing plastic containers!!

And Jackson helped. He was mainly in charge of the music and hitting the button on the garage door opener so it opened and closed about a billion times.



Of course, lots got thrown away too. It feels good! If the weather is nice tomorrow, I'm gonna invite myself over to the in-laws to use their carpet-cleaner vacuum to really get this good and clean. Good knows that it might not get cleaned out again until this baby celebrates her second birthday!

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. I can't believe how much came out of there! Isn't it a nice feeling for the 3 seconds that it stays decluttered? Mommy's car looks like she lives in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a. i'm not even CLOSE to being a mom & i bet my car would beat yours in messiness! :-/

    b. you can mail those queen sized sheets to me!

    c. if i come visit you will you help me clean out *my* car??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahahahahaha! Oh you did good my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely know what you are talking about. I have 4 kids and a minivan. It is amazing at what comes out of that van. I am always telling people we could live out of the van for at least a week if not longer! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just came across your site from BlogFrog and absolutely love it!! I was laughing so hard over this post because I think that most moms can relate and yes....my car looks the same, exact way! Haha! My question to you is....did it stay clean so far? It HAS been 5 days, so a lot could have happened by now...lmao!

    Great blog!!
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and I always try to reply. Make sure you include your email so I can contact you!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails