Tuesday, July 1, 2014

28 Weeks


How far along?: 28 weeks
How big is your baby?: 2 1/4 pounds, and almost 15 inches long!
Total weight gain?: Uhm... A lot. I pretty much gained as much in the last four weeks as I did in the first twenty weeks combined. My doctor assured me it was normal and that everything is fine and I'm healthy, however, it wasn't until after she picked my jaw off the floor. 
Sex: Baby GIRL! We've seen her twice, so we're pretty confident!
Maternity clothes: Always and forever. Some of my maternity clothes are getting snug, which is pretty much a bummer. But I'm not looking to buy new clothes, so we'll just have to make due. 
Sleep: So far, so good... bathroom trips are annoying, but overall no major complaints. 
Symptoms: Baby girl is still on my sciatic nerve and that's not real fun. It's not debilitating, though, so we're just pushing through. Oh, and I've had ridiculous amounts of sinus drainage for the last 6 months. I'm so over that. 
Stretch marks: Yes. :( I knew they were coming though. I was complaining to my sister-in-law a few weeks ago that my baby belly felt so tight. I just felt so huge and that my body just didn't have anymore room to contain the growing baby inside (even though I still had over three months still to go!). It was almost as if I could literally feel my skin stretching, It was so uncomfortable. Well, the discomfort went away.. but only through the cost of stretch marks. {This probably has to do with the seven pounds I gained in less than one month}. 
Movement: Lots and lots. Derek and I went to see Transformers this weekend and I have never felt this baby so active, ever. She rolled around and wiggled the entire time. Maybe it's a combination of caffeine and the loud noise? Or perhaps she has good taste in men and was all excited because we got to hang out with Mark Wahlberg for almost three hours. :) 
Best moment this month: Hhhm. We've had so many fun lately, but the neatest thing baby wise was when Jackson got to feel the baby move for the first time. He thought it was so cool. We've also gotten to see lots of non-local family and friends over the past several weeks and that's been really nice-- including my college bestie & roommate! And get this-- we're both pregnant with our third and due the same week. So fun! :)
Food cravings: Nothing major! We have been eating a lot of popsicles around here, though.  
Labor signs: Nope!
Belly button in or out: Interestingly enough, it depends on if I take a big breath or not. Innie as I exhale, outie as I inhale. It's like magic! 
What I miss: Emotional regulation. I mean, seriously. I was crying giant alligator tears after an episode of How I Met Your Mother. A SITCOM!!! I think Derek would probably agree with this answer. Poor guy. 
What I'm looking forward to:  Still looking forward to picking out a name. We haven't made much progress than when I mentioned this four weeks ago. We are also in the process of redoing Jackson's room to become a shared room between Jackson and Belle and so I'm looking forward to getting that all finished and them settled in! Also, I am really looking forward to holding this baby. My baby fever is through the roof!

Me and Casie, my college roomie! She lives down in Alabama and is up visiting her family. I am not envious of her having to deal with a summer pregnancy in the heat she has down south. Poor thing! I will be envious, however, if her baby comes first. 


And just a fun comparison: Good-bye midriffs (freshman year, 2003) and hello baby bumps! 

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and I always try to reply. Make sure you include your email so I can contact you!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails