Tuesday, August 26, 2014

36 weeks

Even though I feel like I've been flooding my blog space with baby stuff, it's been six weeks since I've done the typical update! This is the most recent picture I have. I'm in a rotation of about three maternity tops and the same amount of tshirts that are large enough to conceal this belly.


Also, a friend sent this to me on facebook and it communicates pretty much how I'm feeling. :) 


How far along?: 36 weeks
How big is your baby?: 6 pounds, and about 18.5 inches long!
Total weight gain?: 32ish pounds
Sex: Baby GIRL! I sure hope there's not a surprise because there is a lot of pink going on in that little room down the hall! 
Maternity clothes: Weeeeell, I've outgrown most of my maternity wardrobe. So, when I go "out" I have a rotation of about three tops, one pair of shorts, and a few jeans. Otherwise, I'm wearing big t-shirts and yoga pants/shorts. If only it was fall weather, I'd have a complete wardrobe-- but it's not. It's 9 million degrees and I can barely handle walking up the sidewalk when I get Jackson from school before I determine we need to spend the entire rest of the day inside, sitting right in front of the a/c vent.
Sleep: I'm definitely back in the sleepy stage like I was in the first trimester and I'll need a nap or at least a quiet time in the afternoon if I want to make it through the day! Night time sleep is alright, just lots of potty trips and not being super comfortable. We're almost to the end, I'm bound to get more and better sleep once the baby comes, right?!? (hahahahahahaha!)
Symptoms: Yes. All of them. 
Stretch marks: Yes. :( 
Movement: All of the time. Baby has positioned herself head down, which is nice because she's not doing big flips, which are the big, uncomfortable moves. She goes through very, very wiggly periods multiple times a day. I don't even know what she's up to, but she goes to town practicing kickboxing or something for about twenty minutes throughout the day! 
Best moment this week: The crib is set up and the nursery is pretty much put together! Oh, and when Jack asks me to walk him into school and he shouts "I love you" down the hall. And also, getting to spend tons of one-on-one time with Belle! 

My dad made this crib for his grandbabies and
I love this crib more and more each time we put it together! 


Food cravings: Carbs. I want all the carbs. Bagels, bread, crackers, cereal, sugar. Oh, and cherry Icee's. I was so excited to visit my sister so we could eat at Lambert's last weekend. Throwed rolls--- YUUUUM!!!



Labor signs: I had some legitimate contractions this weekend. I downloaded an app to count and time my contractions for when they happen again (and hopefully, that's only when they happen "for real". I don't need this fake stuff). That contractions sure lit a fire to get some things done (at least started) that we hadn't even really thought about-- like packing a bag, figuring out plans for Jackson and Belle, completing the hospital paperwork, and so on...
Belly button in or out: Out, which has never happened with any of my other pregnancies. 
What I miss: Not being ginormous. 
What I'm looking forward to:  Not being ginormous. Not being a hormonal, pregnant, emotional mess. Of course, I am REALLY looking forward to meeting my baby girl! But until then, I'm looking forward to spending time with the kids before she comes. And taking advantage of the school day when I can clean out and organize neglected areas in the house. Hello, nesting anyone?

Speaking of nesting, my kiddos have been most helpful! Those walls aren't going to wash themselves. 


And neither is the refrigerator! 


My sister-in-law even came over this weekend to give our couches some much needed cleaning while Jackson vacuumed out all of the gross stuff under our cushions.

Completed: cleaned out and organized fridge, washed walls in dining room, organized plastic container tubs, completed the final touches of hall bath makeover.

Still on my list: Organize my linen closet and kitchen cabinet with baking pans and dishes. Clear out junk pile in kitchen and reorganize the china cabinet of kid craft materials. Wash my blinds and inside and outside all windows. De-clutter my bookshelf and mantel. Finish sewing project for kids room and have them make a handprint art project. Oh, and the master bath renovation. Because why isn't being 36 weeks pregnant a good time to gut the master bathroom? I suppose it's really not ALL that bad timing wise because I get a free pass to not participate. :)


I'm ready for this baby gal to join our family, but I also feel like I have a lot more I want to get done so I'm content with her staying put for awhile longer! I'm sure it'll go by quickly. Fingers crossed anyway! 

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations in advance on your soon-to-arrive baby girl! Big brother and sister look like wonderful helpers! Stopping by from Mommy Moments :)

    Amy @ http://www.livinglifetruth.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and I always try to reply. Make sure you include your email so I can contact you!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails