Monday, September 22, 2014

40 weeks

So here we are at 40 weeks! We're ready to meet our little gal, but she is pretty cozy in there and is playing a little hard to get. 


 I was hoping, and hoping, and hoping that we'd get to wait this gal out and enjoy the surprise of her arrival, but due to a collection of unordinary, last minute army schedule changes we are scheduled to induce this Wednesday. I know it's a little selfish, but at the same time, I don't think it's too much to want Derek around for the labor and birth this time



How far along?: 40 weeks
How big is your baby?: My guess is right around 7 pounds (considering she's more fully "cooked" than my other kiddos.
Total weight gain?: 35ish, I think? I stopped doing the math on the scale once it became depressing. :)
Sex: Baby GIRL! 
Maternity clothes: I am so over maternity clothes! Ready for some new items to wear... though the cooler weather has been nice for me to switch up the wardrobe a bit. 
Sleep: Albeit pretty uncomfortable, I'm clocking in decent hours of sleep-- including snuggle naps with Belle. 
Symptoms: Everything. All of them. 
Movement: Lots and lots. The baby movements are no longer kicks or little punches. They are rolls and repositioning. Of course, there isn't a ton of room so those can get pretty uncomfortable, but it's still pretty neat to feel. 
Best moment this week: Getting the house clean! Mom helped a ton this weekend and I spent today sweeping, moping, vacuuming, doing laundry, etc. Feels so nice and relaxing! :)
Works moment this week: Aside from waiting over an hour (with a three year old) in the waiting room of my OBs office, after getting "checked" I have made zero progress for the last THREE appointments. 
Food cravings: Hmm... I haven't had too many cravings lately, well, besides the constant desire for carbs, carbs, and more carbs.  
Labor signs: As I mentioned above, they are pretty scarce. I am having a TON of braxton hicks contractions (fortunately they don't hurt) but my tummy squeezes lots and lots each evening. 
Belly button in or out: Out. And it's weird.
What I miss: Good sleep. And the worst part is knowing that the sleep issues aren't going to get better once the pregnancy is over! 
What I'm looking forward to:  Having Derek with me when we first meet her, watching my kids meet her, bringing her home, playing baby-girl dress up-- oh there's just so much! :)

Since this is likely my last pregnancy, I think I'll add what I'll miss, too: Baby movement, the excitement that pregnancy brings (knowing that no matter how crappy a day is, I'm still growing a baby!), and when Jackson and Belle giving the baby hugs and kisses in my tummy. 

I had Derek take my picture in front of the couch so we could do some comparing! The left is 39 weeks in 2011 and the right is 38 weeks in 2008-- these were both the "last pictures" before my babies came.


Here I am at 40 weeks here in 2014. :)



Talk about a WIDE LOAD coming through!!! Fortunately for me, I mostly just gain my pregnancy weight right in my tummy. People tell me all the time that I don't even look pregnant from behind, which is good-- even though it means that every pound I've gained has been in my stomach and it's bulky to carry around. 

I'll be back to share the news of our little bundle of joy soon! The best way to know ASAP is to follow me on Instagram! Or Twitter. Goodness knows that there will be no shortage of baby pics making their way to social media-- even if it might take awhile for me to make a blog post.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and I always try to reply. Make sure you include your email so I can contact you!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails