Sunday, September 18, 2016

It's a BOY!

So I know I barely even made an announcement that we're expecting! I have a post for another day with an pregnancy update of the first 20 weeks. Yes, I'm already half way done! I had my ultrasound this week with my little sidekick snuggled up next to me of course!


I love ultrasounds! I could sit and just watch the baby all day. Plus, I've noticed a difference in the technology from this pregnancy from my first (eight years ago!) and it's so cool. The technician show me the different lobes in the brain; we saw hands, legs, and little feet; we even got a glimpse of an open mouth. We have ONE healthy baby growing and we're delighted!

Of course, we were anticipating a cooperative baby to determine the gender. Jackson had let us know one day at dinner one day that if we were having another girl, he would move out. I couldn't help but laugh! I'm not even sure where 7 year olds go when they move out. A guy from church asked Isabelle the other day if she wanted a brother or a sister. Her response: she wants a puppy. 

Everyone and their brother predicted a baby boy. I mean, even a stranger from NYC actually said it was a boy. My dad, who has been amazingly accurate, was confident Four is a boy. Fortunately, the baby was cooperative. I knew it right away! There would have been no way to keep it a secret. 


We're delighted to have another little boy! Derek had to head out of town for the day for work so he wasn't able to be at the ultrasound with me. I waited to tell the kids until I was able to tell him, which was pretty late in the day. I baked a blue cake and covered it in frosting for a gender reveal for the kids. It was cute. 

Both big kids were excited. Isabelle is happy because "boys are less wild" and Jackson because "boys make less noise." Caroline was enthusiastic simply because her siblings were excited (either that or she was really excited to eat cake). 

Here's a few reasons I'm super excited:
  • I was hoping for another boy!!!
  • Jackson isn't moving out!
  • I like the name selection better for boys.
  • We can save money on marriage counseling that would be necessary if forced to decide on another baby girl name.
  • I don't have to go through the massive piles of clothes that Caroline has outgrown. They are going straight to goodwill!
  • We don't have to start saving for a third wedding. 
  • I'm excited for another round of blue baby clothes. Plus, I have a couple of my FAVORITE outfits I saved from Jackson. I can't wait to reuse them!
  • I feel less bad about purging every single baby item from my house a mere six weeks before finding out we were pregnant because most of it was pink anyway. This is really more of a "laugh so you don't cry" bullet point. But really, so many people have graciously offered to let us borrow items so we aren't starting from scratch because seriously... this is the last one! :)
  • I'm glad my two middle babies are girls so it separates them in a special way. Plus, I think it'll help Jackson bond with the littlest, even though he's eight years older. 
Obviously, we're thrilled with the news of a healthy baby! The rest is just bonus. The ultrasound technician wasn't able to get all of the views of baby's heart, mostly in part to my almost-two-year-old-extension that is connected to me at almost all time, but we just scheduled another quick sonogram in a couple weeks. I'm totally okay with another glimpse of this fella!



Photobucket

1 comment:

I love comments and I always try to reply. Make sure you include your email so I can contact you!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails