Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Old Friends, Books, and Baby

We are off to a good start for this new year. In the past couple weeks, we've been able to hang out with our friends after a busy holiday season and we've gotten a chance catch up with some college friends who have come to town-- Our friends Scott and Jenny who were here in Kansas City visiting her family, our friend Hannah who just returned from a semester of missions in Africa, my roommate, Casie, from college who was up here anxiously awaiting the arrival of her niece, and an old high school friend, Cassie, came to meet Jackson last weekend. I really do love catching up and visiting with old friends and I appreciate that they don't judge my messy house when they stop by! And even though we sometimes only get the chance to talk and visit maybe only once or a few times each year, I love that we can just pick up where we left off.

My only "resolution" for the new year is to pick up reading again. In the two prior years, I would read so much in my spare time, finishing a few books each month. Well, I did actually read my textbooks for my classes this year, but those don't really count. I do realize that I have more obligation than I once had, but I can spend less time watching television and on the computer. I'd love to hear suggestions of books to add to my list for the year!

Jackson is just growing so fast. I swear that one night I put him to bed with chicken legs and then the next morning he had rolls on those thighs! Last week was a sleeping nightmare, but he has gone back into sleeping in the bassinet with only the occasional wake up in the night. Dad is almost finished with the crib. I hope Jackson makes a smooth transition into sleeping somewhere new.

He loves to smile these days and I think he has realized that his (left) hand is always there and might possibly belong to him and he likes to suck on it when his pacifier falls out. I've started using the front carrier more these days whether it be when I am trying to get things done around the house or walking around the grocery store. He enjoys looking around and being mobile. We went for a walk in the park last Friday when it was SO nice outside. I think I enjoyed it more than he did as he slept the whole time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and I always try to reply. Make sure you include your email so I can contact you!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails