Sunday, January 25, 2009

25 Things

I did this little thing on Facebook, so I decided to copy and paste to my blog-- 25 Random facts about me. This took quite a bit longer than I first thought, but then I found that I could keep going, but I do realize that most people probably don't even care to read the 25 let alone more! They really don't follow any certain order- I just wrote them as they came to me.

1. I can't believe how popular this note thing is! I think I've been tagged five times this week, but I love reading what people have to say!

2. I am happily married to my college sweetheart, Derek. It will be three years in June. We have a 3 month old son, who is named after Jack Bauer. We love him so much.

3. I have an older brother (26, who just got accepted in the MBA program at Georgetown) and two younger sisters (17, a singer/performer and 16, a talented gymnast).

4. I am getting my Master's in Counseling Psychology with a certificate in Child and Adolescent Psychology. At graduation, I will be able to apply to be a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) though I would like to get my certification as a Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT) eventually.

5. Derek and I will be debt free by the time we are thirty.

6. I lived in 5 states (7 cities) by the time I was in eighth grade. My dad wasn't in the military- my parents are just nomadic.

7. I was a band nerd in high school and loved it. I played the flute, but switched to the saxophone my senior year. I played the bells in the drum corp. as well. I did play volleyball, ran track, and was a cheerleader too.

8. I decided to go to Missouri State (SMSU at the time) because of their marching band. It was WAY to much work, not enough credit hours, not enough scholarship so I didn't do it after my freshman year.

9. I was in a wheelchair for a few months in high school because I was in a car accident and broke my pelvis. A year after the accident, I witnessed a car accident in the same intersection, which was so upsetting because I don't remember mine and there was blood everywhere.

10. I graduated 6th of 69 in my class in high school with 29 college credit hours.

11. I graduated college in 3 1/2 years and never took a summer class.

12. I went somewhere new every summer in college-- China (2003), Myrtle Beach (2004), Kanakuk Kamps (2004), Colorado Springs (2005).

13. Attending the Focus on the Family Institute was the most life changing experience I've had.

14. I gained 22 pounds when I was pregnant and have lost 25 since having Jackson. I'm smaller now than I have been since my freshman year of college.

15. I worked for my dad's company for two years before I moved to Raymore this summer. I miss working with him now.

16. In college, I worked at Lambert's Cafe in Branson (Ozark). I was the Okra/Fried Potato girl. No, I did not throw rolls-- boys do that.

17. I am very bummed that I never got to attend the Price is Right while Bob Barker was still the host. Someday I will still make it to the show.

17. I am so very excited about having tickets to go see Britney Spears in April with my sisters. I have always and will always be a Britney fan.

18. It is my goal to visit every continent. So far, I've got Europe, China, and of course North America (I don't count traveling in US, but I've been to Mexico and the Canadian part of Niagra Falls)

19. I had an opportunity to go to Africa when I was in high school, but my best friend and I wanted to go to Windermere instead because of the "Buffalo Boys."

20. I will make a tape to submit to be on Survivor. I actually looked into it this year before the deadline ended, but I wasn't ready to spend a month away from Jackson this August had they actually (yeah right) picked me. Derek doesn't think I'll be good at it, so I especially want to go to spite him!

21. I have started a fire from rubbing two sticks together and it was so incredibly hard.

22. I love to read. I love the Princess Diaries series and I read the Twilight series before the movie hype. My favorite is the Size 12 is Not Fat series. I have tried to read Pride and Prejudice three times but just cannot make it through.

23. I like Coke better than Pepsi, Chocolate better than Vanilla, and do not like tea or coffee.

24. I love being a stay-at-home mom. I have always wanted to stay home because my mom was always home for us. I am very grateful that we are fortunate enough to make it work.

25. I genuinely love my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and I always try to reply. Make sure you include your email so I can contact you!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails