Monday, January 3, 2011

Life is still good

I can't wait to share pictures and stories of having Derek back in our lives over the past two weeks! Time went by so quickly, but at the same time, we really made the most of it and so it feels like it was a lot longer than just a couple weeks. I am quite surprised with myself. I don't even feel too sad at the moment. Instead, I feel so refreshed (despite being exhausted) from having him home and confident that the next ten weeks will be a breeze. Okay, maybe not a breeze, but I know that we'll make it. This separation is only temporary and this break showed me that our family will bounce back in no time once he's home in March.

While these past two weeks were quite possibly the best two weeks ever, I cannot deny that I have missed my online social media. Gmail. Facebook. Twitter. Blogger... do you even recognize me!? Don't get me wrong, I would give them all up if it meant that Derek was here right now instead of on a plane headed back to Georgia...

But he is not. And instead of being a complete mess, I am enjoying a nice relaxing evening catching up on my google reader, emails, tweets, etc. I had full expectations of uploading all of my recent pictures and begin posting about them tonight, but that's just not going to happen. It didn't hit me until I was driving out of the parking garage at the airport how exhausted I am from going, going, and going so much while Derek was home! I will definitely be going to bed early tonight and will enjoy a nice lazy day tomorrow (thanks to my mother who has Jackson-duty) to recoup... and sometime over the next 24 hours I know that I will eventually end up a crying mess. That's just easier dealt when I'm not responsible for a little person who can't understand why Mommy is sad at the moment.

Overall though, I refuse to feel too sorry for myself. What a blessing it was to have him home! We're all healthy and happy. We're surrounded by amazing friends and family. And even though we're hundreds of miles apart, we still have each other. Life is still good.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and I always try to reply. Make sure you include your email so I can contact you!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails