Friday, February 11, 2011

38 weeks: ONE WEEK LEFT!

Yes, one week from today, we will be welcoming our little baby girl in the world! It is so surreal to even think about. And I've been so preoccupied with getting all of the baby things together that I've hardly even thought about actually getting to see Derek next week too. So, I have a new wave of excitement to keep me going!! 

I'm not sure if I even mentioned on here the details of Derek getting to come home. The plan looks like this: I am scheduled for an induction for next Friday, February 18th. I will go in on Thursday night. Derek plane arrives in KC at 2:30pm and we are hoping he makes it to the hospital around 3:30ish. Our doctor is super on board with doing our best to plan the timing so that I'm ready enough when he arrives to just push her out, but yet not getting too far along that we end up having her before Derek arrives. I think God is laughing at our attempt to plan one of life's biggest unpredictablies. Oh well. It's what we are shooting for, but he is coming home regardless... even if it's a few hours (days) after she's born. Still better than nothing.

*How far along?: 38 weeks
*How big is your baby?: Approx. 6.8 pounds
*Total weight gain?: 13 pounds
*Sex: Girl
*Maternity clothes: I've actually started packing up summer items and other things that I don't plan on wearing in the next week.
*Stretch marks: Unfortunately yes
*Movement: All. of. the. time.
*Sleep: Sleep is good, but between getting up to pee a KAZILLION times a night (at least 3) and dealing with a sick toddler... my sleep is often interrupted. I seriously think the biggest injustice of pregnancy-- you should be able to catch up on sleep before having the baby that will wreck havoc on your sleep for the years to come.
*Best moment this week: Finishing the babies "space" today (see pics below!)
*Food cravings: I just finished an entire box of Cap'n Crunch with Crunch Berries in less than 24 hours. Need I say more. 
*Labor signs: Nope
*Belly button in or out: It's out. It's way weird.
*What I miss: sleeping on my stomach and sleeping through the night
*What I'm looking forward to: seeing Derek and meeting this little girl NEXT WEEK!!!

This is baby girl's home! It's in our master bedroom. I'm glad that even though she doesn't have her own room, that she has a definite "space" to call her own!


This is a word collage that my wonderful friend HanNah made for me. I saw one of these prints when we were out together last October. I had forgotten all about it and then she surprised me with it the other day! I love it!

Check out these before and after shots to see what we began with just a few weeks ago to get ready for this little girl! The drawers were a Christmas gift from Dad and he has been down several times the past month installing them (which included cutting out drywall, reinstalling drywall, sanding, painting, etc..). Isn't he amazing!? I just say it's proof that his little grand-daughter already has him wrapped around his finger. 

Okay, maybe me a little bit too. :)


Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. That is so sweet! Saying prayers that your amazing hubby makes it home in time. Thank you...for serving along with him. It's a difficult task, but it's women like you...wives of our service men, who keep our country strong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! Wishing you the best for an easy, perfectly planned delivery. ;p Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOOOOOOOO exciting to be SO close!!! Cute cradle and sign!! Hope the next two weeks fly by for you!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and I always try to reply. Make sure you include your email so I can contact you!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails