Friday, July 8, 2011

Red, White, and Blue Cuteness

My little cuties are dressed to celebrate the 4th of July!



I loooooove celebrating the 4th of July. It's my second favorite holiday (Christmas is number one). We celebrated this year on two different weekends. FUN! The weekend before the 4th, we went to my uncle's house and enjoy the all of the festivities his town puts together.

Grammy and Belle 
(also pictured: Uncle Joel's belly) 

When we walked over to the festival, we went to check out the firetruck and then the Chief asked if he'd like to sit in it and drive! 

Then, Jackson and Laura climbed on numerous inflatables.

 (does Laura look dramatic or what?!)


This ride inspired this tweet: 
Just rode the never ending spinning teacup ride at a carnival. I think I will go vomit now. Oh well, Jackson had fun. 

Me and the little guy after I'd had a chance to recuperate from the previous ride.


Belle's first "roller coaster" ride with Grammy, Aunt Laura, and Jackson.

Waiting for fireworks with Aunt Ashley

... and with Papa

Belle watched the fireworks with Uncle Joel

Jackson didn't really care for the fireworks (despite loving them at other times). He eventually crawled behind Derek and watched them over Daddy's shoulders.

Life father, like son


Then on the actual 4th of July, we went up to my parents house because my aunt and uncle, along with my grandma were in town! Dad grilled steak and it was deeeee-licoius. 

Belle and Grandma

Me, my sisters, and my cousin Katelyn

Belle and Grandpa Forrest

 (This pic may be a little off centered, but Jackson took it... Not bad!)


Aunt Sharon, Grandma, and Belle. CUTE!

More Belle cuteness


Me, Dad, and Laura- love this pic!
(I don't understand how people could ever think we look alike...)

We went to hang out with some friends after dinner with my parents. Jackson and his buddy James had a ton of fun throwing the little snap firecracker thingies! And I would only let them have one at at time so they were occupied for quite awhile!


It was wonderful to get to celebrate with so many of our family members and friends!

We are so fortunate to live in a free country and in the midst of our super fun celebrations, we of course remembered and were thankful for those serving and who've served in the past to keep this great country safe and free.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a lot of fun!!! I LOVE the picture of Jackson sitting behind his dad, SO cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Those inflatables were intense! I'm not dramatic! ;)
    2. Don't blame Jackson for your bad picture taking abilities.
    3. So presh..I love when there are pics of me in your blog! Eeeee!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and I always try to reply. Make sure you include your email so I can contact you!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails