Thursday, November 10, 2011

Be kind, Please rewind!

Though we normally view most of Jackson's movies on Netflix, there has been a major flashback at our house... videotapes! I happened to come across several at a garage sale awhile back and at 50 cents a piece, I couldn't pass it up! It's cheaper than renting, way cheaper than buying the DVD {whenever Disney decides to release them from the vault, which if you ask me is a dumb concept anyway}, and as long as our VCR works-- we're in business!
SAM_6997
Jackson likes to look and make sure the video is still in each case. And when he stacked all four on his lap… he said, “whew, these are heavy.” Haha. {maybe it’s time to start lifting weights buddy!?}
SAM_6996SAM_6978
A few weeks ago, my aunt and uncle were in town and so they stopped by one evening. Jackson had just finished a movie so we had turned off the tv, but started the rewind right as they walked through the door. My uncle sits on the couch and looks around, perplexed, and asks, “What’s that sound?… Is that… Is that a VCR???” Ha. It’s definitely a distinct sound! I remember my best friend in elementary school had a VCR rewinder and I thought she was living the life of luxury!!
SAM_6998SAM_6999
While it’s annoying that our remote isn’t compatible with the VCR and we have to stand and wait {and wait and wait} for it to rewind or to fast forward through the previews… it’s nice that we can actually fast forward through the previews. No anti-piracy ads that you can’t skip and no annoying menu screen playing the same song clip over and over {and over and over} until you hit play.
And truthfully, these movies are better than the ones coming out these days anyway. And waaay better songs!
Hanukah Matah!
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Totally! We love our VCR and all the cool VHS movies we have. I found Aladin for $1 at the Salvation Army and its in perfect condition.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and I always try to reply. Make sure you include your email so I can contact you!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails