Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Great Grandpa and the Golden Arches

My kids are just so blessed to be able to grow up with so many Greats! Not all of them live close, but Great Grandpa lives only a few minutes away and loves to stop by and check up on his grandkids. And Great Grandpa loves to take the kids to McDonalds {I'm not sure who loves it more-- Jackson or Grandpa!}. In fact, if you were to mention McDonalds to Jackson, he'd probably ask if Great Grandpa was going to be there. 

Grandpa really enjoys watching the kiddos play... and even playing some himself!



Going to McDonalds with Great Grandpa has been something we've done ever since Jackson first started walking. What special memories they will have {and if they are too little to remember, I will always have my pictures!} of spending time with him. I'm bummed that we don't live closer to my grandma's, but we try to make up for it when we get the chance. I am so, so thankful for the opportunity my kids have to get to know their Greats!
Photobucket



2 comments:

  1. So sweet! My grandpa (my lil ones great grandpa) lives right next door! She ADORES him!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is how memories are made! Until 2 years ago we had 2 great-grandmothers. Then they both passed away, but my 6 year old still remembers playing with my grandmother and actually she asked to keep some of her necklaces and a pair of red high heels that my grandma would wear. So whenever my daughter misses her she puts on her red heels and says "I'm playing with Mima!" it makes me so happy to know she still remembers her.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and I always try to reply. Make sure you include your email so I can contact you!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails