Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Love

I woke up to Jackson saying this morning, “I want to snuggle Mommy!” What a great way to start this day! I love being a mommy!!

Jackson has been telling people “Happy Vawemtimes Day! I love you!” all day. He’s such a sweetheart. He has made some valentines and has been giving them to different people and today he said, “I’m a nice boy because I give the people stuff.” SAM_7864

As per our normal Valentine tradition, we had pizza. But with our crazy, hectic schedule at the moment it was a little impromtu. Cooking would take to long. We stopped by pizza hut but there was an HOUR wait. So, we had our super fun Valentine dinner at Target! Which was perfect! They have little pizzas already made {no waiting} and Jackson looooooves the popcorn. Plus, he thinks eating there is such a treat!

Pizza, breadsticks, and popcorn = a perfect Valentine dinner!SAM_7869

Being creative with our pizza choices is the fun part of Valentine’s for us anyway. It started out with Domino’s. We’ve eaten at Pizza Street {my fave KC pizza place!} and Original Pizza {my second fave}. Last year, with Derek being on active duty in Georgia—we celebrated when he came home for Belle’s birth with some pizza goldfish. I had hoped to make some pizza tonight, but that will just have to wait for a time when I’m not a full time grad student!

Valentine Pizza Celebration 2011
185759_759920381644_34304436_41446399_4854026_n

I just love celebrating Valentine’s Day! I know some people have very strong feelings otherwise, but I like to embrace the fun, creative side—not the expensive, commercial side. Plus, I use it as the time to do special things for my friends and other people we come into contact with on a regular basis {nursery workers, Sunday School teachers, nurses at the doctor’s office}. I am too overwhelmed to make treats around Christmastime, so I let the kids bring a treat around Valentine’s Day and they {the kids and the recipients} love it!

I love my hubby {and the sweet roses he got me}. I love that Jackson told me that he is a nice boy for giving his Valentine’s to people and that he gives me sweet snuggles. I love my precious baby girl and her sweet kisses! I love being a mommy. I just love our family and our crazy, busy life!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great day!! Cute picture of the kids! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its being together what it is all about. Doesn't matter if your dinner was at target, you were together and loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot believe how big they have both gotten! I love valentines too... love that you guys had a great one!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and I always try to reply. Make sure you include your email so I can contact you!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails