Friday, July 13, 2012

It’s the small things

Tonight wasn’t a super special night and it barely even seems “blog-worthy.” But tonight was one of those nights that I just want to remember. Nothing super cool was on the agenda, but just an enjoyable evening with several “small things” to make it great.

We started out taking Jackson to Wal-mart to pick out some Super Hero Squad action figures for no other reason than because we knew he’d love them. We were right. We bought them around 6 tonight and they haven’t left his side yet {and they are currently in bed with him and I even had to tuck them in and kiss each good night, as well}.

Waiting while Daddy gets a hair cut, “Time to hero up, Squaddies!” {Jackson got a much needed hair cut too. You can see it in the pictures below.}

20120713_192418

This girl entertained herself by crawling {!?!} around the hair place. As long as she was happy—I wasn’t about to stop her.

20120713_192728

Then we went out for ice cream {50¢ cones at BK for the summer… yes please!!}. It was Belle’s first ice cream cone—all to herself. This girl loves ice cream, is it obvious?!

20120713_195138 20120713_195406

She wasn’t a fan when Daddy had to take it away to help “reshape” the cone… She had a mini fit, like, every time. 20120713_195353 

Jackson enjoyed his cone… and he shared with Captain America and Wolverine, too.

 20120713_195534 20120713_195149

He shared with Belle, just out of the blue… I’m so glad I was able to snap a picture. He said, “I shared with Belle because I love her. I’ll always love her like I’ll always love you guys, Mommy and Daddy!” Seriously, I was speechless… I just couldn’t stop smiling. What a precious moment!

20120713_195606

By the time we got home, it was already past bedtime. And while it’s normally a countdown until cranky kids go to bed, tonight I just wasn’t ready to be done hanging out with them! What a wonderful night!

…especially because I got to eat the very last bite on all four cones tonight! Derek shared just because he’s an awesome hubby. I, of course, had dibs on mine, and then both kids were done with their cones before completion. No wonder tonight was such a good night!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and I always try to reply. Make sure you include your email so I can contact you!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails