Monday, September 3, 2012

The feeling of complete happiness

While we were just hanging out at the house tonight, this feeling of complete happiness swept over me. I know that sounds TOTALLY cheesy, but it's true. I'm not sure I can pinpoint what was so great, but tonight just felt like complete perfection.

Being a holiday, the day has been pretty chill-- a mixture of being lazy, spending time with family, and being productive around the house. We enjoyed some Kansas City BBQ for lunch. Late afternoon consisted of a non-stressful trip to the grocery store. Homemade sweet and sour chicken and fried rice was served for dinner. In between all of those things we were able to make progress on laundry and sort through piles of paper, as well as clean up the kitchen, dining room, and family room. Not only were the kids mostly well-behaved, but Jackson totally pitched in and helped with most of it!

Typing it all out makes me realize how PERFECT this day has really been.

The official "feeling" came as I was in the kitchen after dinner making some breakfast burritos for Derek to eat in the mornings on the way to work. On my left was Belle sitting in her typical spot on the counter "helping" me and through the corner of my eye, I could see Jackson and Derek playing a game of Candyland on the dining room tabel.



It was just a neat moment. Like, the kind of moment that your pre-pregnant self thought every single day would look like. On days like this, it makes me wonder what was so perfect-- was it the kids? my husband? Or maybe it was the fact that I went to bed at 8:30 last night so I started off the day completely well rested. It's a combination of all of it, I'm sure. But whatever the case, it's was a great day. And I wish for many, many more! 

Oh, if only EVERY Monday was a holiday....

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I think it is because we now have a functioning printer again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! So happy you had a day of complete happiness!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and I always try to reply. Make sure you include your email so I can contact you!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails