Friday, December 21, 2012

Our Christmas Card

One of my favorite things about Christmas is the Christmas cards! I love sending them, I love getting them, and I love seeing all the family pictures! Most of my cards have been mailed and delivered so now I want to share it here!

{photo credit: Dani Gillihan Photography}

Our card is pretty basic, but I love how it turned out!

I hesitate to share my secret of our frugal Christmas cards because I don't want to come across too stringy! But, in reality, I love to send out as many cards as possible and I just can't make it happen when we spend a lot on cards. So this is less about saving money, but more about getting more cards for the same price! 

I stumbled across this gem of information by accident last year-- Walmart has 4x6 envelopes for greeting cards and all you have to do is ask. They were nice envelopes this year too, with lining and everything!

So basically I just added a frame to a family photo using Picasa and had them printed using the 1 hour photo lab at Walmart for 19¢ a piece. They simply gave me the envelopes when I asked. I printed about 100 and it was just a little more than $20 after tax. Fortunately, I didn't have to mail most of them! I was able to hand them out at Bible Study and MOPS. And our church has a great fundraiser where the children's department collects and delivers the cards to our church friends! 

So, that's my Christmas card secret. I love how they turned out and I've gotten lots of compliments! Hopefully none of you are heartbroken that the card you received cost less than a quarter!! Maybe when we don't have to buy diapers and pay for grad school we'll be able to send out "real" cards! :)

Merry Christmas! 

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I love this years card - your kids are adorable, and you all look SO happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! I always thought 4X6 envelopes were hard to come by!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and I always try to reply. Make sure you include your email so I can contact you!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails