Monday, September 30, 2013

Daddy's Girl

Belle has officially written me off and become a sold-out Daddy's girl. The past few weeks have been "Daddy this.... Daddy that." She insists that Daddy, and only Daddy, wake her up, put her to bed, get her dressed, change her diaper (that I don't mind!!), snuggle, play, carry her and anything else in between. She will stick up that bottom lip and pout to Daddy and ask for the moon. Literally. She wants the moon like Mr. Gru in Despicable Me.

It's pretty darn cute to watch these two. Derek might act all annoyed that he is her one and only desire-- but he's pretty smitten with the attention. I snapped this pic one night when she insisted that he snuggle in her little bitty bed and I just LOVE the way they are looking at each other.


I had to beg Derek to let me share this picture. He is concerned that the interwebs would doubt his manliness and consider him a softie. Please note that Derek is a skilled soldier who collects and likes to shoot guns as a hobby. On another note, Belle's Sunday school teacher informed me yesterday that Belle was boasting proudly about her daddy in class... albeit in the most embarrassing and awkward way. Oh, from the mouths of babes.

It should be noted that Belle is perfectly pleased for me to cater to her needs and demands when I am the only option. We snuggle, we play, we laugh. It's only when Daddy is around that I become chopped liver. Or Grandpas. Or anyone besides me, really. On a daily basis, I hear "but I don't like/want you." It's prepping me for the teenage years I guess. 


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and I always try to reply. Make sure you include your email so I can contact you!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails