Thursday, September 5, 2013

Reasons to smile

My day started with some unexpected crummy news and I found myself in a bit of a funk for the rest of the day. Yet at the same time, I felt an overwhelming joy and appreciation for my family. There were so many little things that made me smile and I am just so thankful for God's provision of family in my life!

I picked up Jackson from pre-school to hear him saying, "I found the girl I'm going to marry. Her name is Rebecca." Last week, he came home and told me the same thing When I asked her name, he said, "Uhm.. I don't know." So when I asked him if it was the same girl he replied, "No, I don't want to marry her because she's an adult and she'll be really old by the time I grow up. She'll probably be dead.
I need to marry a kid." How could I not chuckle?

And Belle continually calls the American flag, Captain America. It cracks me up every time we drive by a car dealership with a bazillion "captain americas". She also participated in doing push-ups with Derek tonight and it was impossible not to laugh.

Oh! And football season started and I was able to remind my family (particularly my brother-in-law) how I was the fantasy football champ last year and of course that made me smile.

But even more important is the power of scripture over my mood!

Proverbs 17:22
A joyful heart is good medicine...

Life doesn't always offer situations to be happy about, but it's up to each of us to chose joy. I am so blessed!! I hope you're able to find joy in your day and I'd love to hear about it! :)

Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and I always try to reply. Make sure you include your email so I can contact you!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails