Friday, May 23, 2014

Five on Friday


I'm linking up for Five on Friday today!


{ONE}

I have been working a ton lately covering therapy groups for other therapists while they take time off for some vacations. Yesterday was a 10 hour day. Whew! The best part is that I totally love my job and so I actually love working so much. Derek has been a rockstar dad over the past several weeks as I have been working several evenings and late nights. He does dinner and bedtime-- sometimes even 4 times a week and he doesn't complain!

{TWO}

Belle has had a made big strides in potty training this week. Fortunately (for me) her worst accidents have been for our babysitter and my mom! Sorry guys! I just bought some pull-ups today. I had NO IDEA they were so much more expensive than diapers. Also, she made a blog post on Mommy Shorts... she's practically famous. :)

{THREE}

I downloaded the classroom version of Hooked On Phonics when it was offered for free on Mother's Day. Jackson has been using it probably every other day. It is SO cool to watch him learn and to see him read! It's one of my favorite things to do when Belle is napping! He's been reading "-at", "-an", and "-ap" words along with memorizing some sight words. It is a fantastic app and I'd probably say it's worth every penny that it may cost.

{FOUR}

We signed up for the summer reading program this week! Both kids found some books they want to earn as a prize and are really eager to get some reading in. Jackson doesn't know it yet, but he'll get practice with writing his letters when he writes down the book names! We are registered for all of the summer events at the library each week at 9:30 and so we'll have a super fun and yet full-of-learning summer!

{FIVE}

We are kicking off the summer by going camping this weekend! We've been in full preparation all week. Jackson came in my room this morning and let me know that today was finally camping day!!! We've tried to get the kids super involved and to get this excited! Jackson helped pick our site that we reserved and both kids have helped me get food preparation ready. We have read several camping books from the library, too! Derek and I are hoping for a really fun weekend--we both love camping!

Here is the only pic I have from this week.  It's been warm and we got the sprinkler out one day. I love these action shots. 


Have a great weekend! And while you spend time with friends and family welcoming in summer, be sure to remember the reason for our 3 day weekend and honor those who have offered the greatest sacrifice for our freedom! Happy Memorial Day!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and I always try to reply. Make sure you include your email so I can contact you!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails