Tuesday, June 3, 2014

24 weeks

Today marks 24 weeks! It's been eight weeks since my last pregnancy update, so I figured one was in order! Plus, we got a second sonogram and I have pics to share (because this baby girl wasn't very cooperative at her first photo op!)



How far along?: 24 weeks
How big is your baby?: Almost 1.5 pounds and about the size of an ear of corn. (I had no idea she was that long, but it would explain the simultaneous movements down low and up high!)
Total weight gain?: 10ish
Sex: Baby GIRL! We've seen her twice, so we're pretty confident!
Maternity clothes: Always and forever. Except when I wear Derek's t-shirts.  
Sleep: Not bad. I'm definitely in a better sleep cycle now than the first trimester and I know it'll get worse, so I won't complain about the time or two I have to get up to use the bathroom. And I've managed a way to psuedo-sleep-on-my-stomach and so that's keeping me happy. 
Symptoms: Heartburn- occasional yet terrible when it comes along. Back pain- Lots! It's very localized to my lower back, left side. I'm thinking it must be a nerve, but whatever it is, OUCH. 
Stretch marks: None yet! Hoping it stays that way.
Movement: Lots!!! This is my favorite stage of baby movement. I love to feel her move, but her movements aren't big enough to really jab my other organs. Derek has gotten to feel her move a couple of times. Jackson has tried, but he isn't super patient to wait for it. Hopefully soon! 
Best moment this week: Feeling relaxed for the first time in several weeks! And I want to count getting another sonogram, even though it was technically 8 days ago.
Food cravings: Not hardcore cravings. But I could eat espinaca dip from Jose Peppers every single day. 
Labor signs: Hope not! I'm fairly certain my back pain, occasional cramping, etc is simply because I have two kids already and we keep busy. 
Belly button in or out: Definitely in, but becoming more shallow. 
What I miss: Non-back pain. And being able to fit into a bathroom stall and close the door without squeezing in my belly. 
What I'm looking forward to:  Picking out a name. Hopefully we'll come up with one before she's born. It's actually kind of stressful for me not to know, so sometime soon would be great, too!

Check out this full body shot: Her arm is up by her head, and you can see her legs at a diagonal from the rump!

Here's a head on shot. I know these shots look kind of weird, but she's got two eyes, a nose and a mouth. Doesn't get much cuter! 


Leg!


And check out the teeny, tiny feet! I can't wait to kiss them! 



I love getting a little glimpse of our sweet baby girl! The weirdest thing happened during my sonogram. She made a super huge movement that startled me from feeling it, but it was even more crazy that we saw it on the screen at the same time! So cool.

Lastly, here's a conversation from the sonogram room:

Me: Jackson, do you hear that?
Sonographer: Oh, you like that sound?
Jackson: No, I don't like creepy things.
Me: But, Jackson it's the baby's heartbeat!
Jackson: Well, I don't like creepy heartbeat things either.

Hopefully he'll learn to filter his responses by the time he is in this process with his future wife! He may not like that sound, but I sure love to hear it!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and I always try to reply. Make sure you include your email so I can contact you!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails