Friday, June 6, 2014

Five on Friday

{One}

This week has gone by so quickly! I've worked a bit, we've been to pool, and we've had a few more t-ball games. We've done some cleaning and purging of stuff, too! Hopefully next week will pass just as quickly and Derek will be home before we know it!

Another afternoon, another day at the pool! :)


Also, the kids refer to the tubes as "tutus" and it cracks me up. "Can we go get a tutu around the waterfall!?"

{Two}

The library had a super fun program this week, Dino O'Dell. He's a fun educational entertainer. His theme was outer space and so Jackson loved it, of course! Belle, on the other hand, sat and pouted the whole time wanting to go home. Jackson got to go "on stage" to help show motions at the end of the program and he felt so special! The kids also learned their first prize book this week for the summer reading program!


{Three}

My back pain got worse this week before it got better. On Wednesday, I spent pretty much all of my time on the couch. I was up to do little things here and there, but even that left my back hurting worse and I having cramps, so back to the couch I went. Cooking (and cleaning) dinner was simply not going to happen, so I took the kids out. When we were seated for dinner, Jackson nearly sat down, but then got up from his seat, pulled my chair out and said, "Here, Mom, I pulled the chair out for you since your back is hurting!" Oh my heart. I teared up then and I teared up just thinking about it as I wrote it. Teaching my kids to think about others is so important to me and it makes me proud when they show love to others. 

The heating pad and rest seemed to do the trick. I was feeling better Thursday and haven't had any of my lower back pain or cramping today! 

{Four}

So potty training this week has been interesting. Some days, no accidents! Other days, only accidents. There is not a potty-training guide out there that can make a child motivated to use the potty. At least we're making progress. On most days, anyway. Yesterday was particularly rough, so I picked up some espinaca dip after t-ball for a wonderful after bedtime treat for myself-- as a reward for all the extra laundry, of course!

It was unexpectedly chilly at Jackson's t-ball game last night and so we snuggled as we cheered on Number 4! 


{Five}

I've had quite the dilemma this week as I've been looking for a new planner. My planner is basically sacred ground for me and as the kids get older (and we keep adding more to the mix) I really need an efficient way to store the info I need to all in one place. Preferably, I want a weekly view, but I want my days vertical and side by side as opposed to daily sections stacked on top of each other.  The one from the past year has been great-- only I can't find another one anywhere! My current one ends at the end of this month, but of the few that are in stock in stores don't start until August! The internet hasn't helped much in terms of stocked agendas-- some are even selling 2013 calendars!  I've eyed the Paper Plum Planners before, but never figured Derek would go for it! Much to my surprise, he gave the go ahead as I explained my desperation and now I'm in a new dilemma-- I can't chose a cover!!! Well, that and there are other customizable options that I have to figure out! Whatever I decide, I'll need to order soon to get it in time before my current one ends! I'm sure I'll be back to show it off once I get it!


I'm linking up for 5 on Friday today! 


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and I always try to reply. Make sure you include your email so I can contact you!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails