Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Blue October

You guys, THE ROYALS ARE GOING TO THE WORLD SERIES! Sorry for shouting, but this is seriously big news. Huge! I think I need to say it again.

THE ROYALS ARE GOING TO THE WORLD SERIES!!!!!!!!

See, we won the series back in 1985 but haven't been back, or even into the playoffs, ever since! And now, our boys in blue have swept the Angels and the Oriel's in back to back series and we'll be playing in the championship next week.

The best part of celebrating the team success is being able to do it with our family and friends! We visited my parents last Friday night to watch a game and we went to another watch party at Derek's parents on Saturday. Our city is in an uproar and it is just about the coolest thing ever. Last night, Caroline and I had the opportunity to go to Game 3 of the ALCS Championship last night and it was amazing. The stadium was packed, the enthusiasm was electric, and it was just so exciting!





Did you catch the adorableness in that photo above!? Well, here's more from the cutest little Royals fan EVER!


She's even cute all bundled up! :)


We made a stop at guest services before the game to get a certificate printed off because it was her first game! This was one heck of a first game to go to. Her Uncle Phil is a bit jealous because it took him 32 years to ever be able to attend a Royals playoff game!

Now, if you thought we were excited before-- here's right when we won the game! And this might be one of my favorite pics ever. It captures such an exciting moment!




Today, we streamed the game online. The picture wasn't always clear and sometimes it was choppy, but it didn't matter because at least we got to see the ending. With our family crammed onto the sofa, all eyes on my laptop, we erupted in our own little celebration!

I have been dragging all day, despite the copious amounts of caffeine that I consumed to help offset the late night out, multiple overnight feedings, and the aches and pains because, in all of the excitement, I failed to remember that my body itself is still 3 weeks in recovery. Oops! But, I wouldn't go back and change a thing! Way to go Royals!!! I can't wait to watch our team in the world series next week!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. GO ROYALS!!! I am sooo excited about all of this. I bawled my eyes out after the game yesterday! I wasn't even alive in 1985, so this is my first time experiencing it at all! So much fun to celebrate! :) So jealous you got to go to a game. Friends keep posting pictures on Facebook, and they're killing me! Anyway... LET'S GO, ROYALS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited for you! And I HATE the Giants so I will be rooting with you :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and I always try to reply. Make sure you include your email so I can contact you!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails