Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Jack's birth story: Six years later!

I'm not quite sure how it happened. Or at least how it happened so quickly... but today we celebrated Jackson turning SIX!!! 


He had asked if I a sticker for him to wear, like Caroline, so I told him that I;d just have to make him a sign. After I took his picture, he said he could just keep the sign, turn it upside down and use it again when he's nine. And I promptly told him that he's never allowed to turn nine! :)

Six years ago today, Jackson made us parents! And proud parents we were despite having NO IDEA what we were doing. 


I didn't have this blog back when he was born so I thought I'd his hospital pics and birth story. It's a good thing that I'm doing this six years after the fact because I've managed to suppress most of the memories from the day and so I'm left with a nice, sentimental birth story! 

Here we are headed out the door at some ridiculous wee hour of the morning. 



When I tell this story to Jackson, it goes something like this: Mommy and Daddy went to the hospital in the middle of the night so it was still dark outside. We were so excited that we knew we'd have a little baby boy soon! Breakfast time came and went, lunch came and went, dinner came and went and still no baby. 


You were just so comfortable (even though Mommy wasn't!) and you didn't want to come out. Eventually at 9:30, it was time for Mommy to work for me to have you and I worked and worked and worked! I was really tired and REALLY hungry because I didn't get to eat at breakfast, lunch, OR dinner. But Daddy kept loving on me and he told me to just keep working and we'd get to meet our baby boy! So I did, and then FINALLY at 10:37 you were born. 


As soon as you were born, the nurses had to take you away and make sure everything was okay because you were so wiggly inside my tummy that the umbilical cord was wrapped around your neck two times! Daddy and I got to hold you for a little bit after about an hour, but you had to sleep in a special bed to help you keep warm the first night. 


That didn't stop everyone from coming to see you! They had been waiting ALL DAY to meet the first baby in the family! 


Everyone was so proud and excited!



You were so precious. Mommy and Daddy were so happy to cuddle and bring our baby boy home!



(and Jackson's favorite part...)
The first time Daddy changed a diaper at home-- you pottied all over him!!! You made a mess on Mommy and Daddy's bed!


The first night at home, you cried and cried and cried ALL night long. We eventually learned that you loved to be swaddled up tight and cuddled to go to sleep!  After about a week at home, we had to take you back into the hospital to sleep under some special lights to keep your body healthy. After that-- you've been a super healthy boy and you keep growing big! 


------------------
Isn't it crazy that this little baby has grown up into such a sweet little guy? 




Photobucket

1 comment:

I love comments and I always try to reply. Make sure you include your email so I can contact you!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails