Sunday, April 12, 2015

Life Lately

So I just wanted to drop in for a quick second. Our house is all sorts of craziness right now. Derek is in Chicago on a business trip. I call it a vacation because he gets to sleep uninterrupted all night. The criterion for vacation has surely changed. 

Speaking of vacation, Derek and I have been planning our upcoming summer vacation through emails, texts, and brief phone calls. It'll definitely be a new kind of "vacation" for us-- the kind where it's not really a vacation at all, just normal life only at a more desirable location. But, I'm totally pumped. The kids are excited. And we've already started letting them know that there will be a VERY LONG drive to get to the beach-- 18 hours of drive time, which equals about double that when driving with children. 

What have the kids been up to lately? Well, Jackson likes to take selfies. 


The other day, I stopped by the school to work on the end-of-the-school year bulletin board (see exhibit A) and happened to spot jackson as he walked through the halls. He stopped to wave and blow me a kiss. I know that one day he'll be too old and too cool for that, but I'm going to blow kisses and wave back as long as he'll let me!

Bulletin board accomplished-- sleeping baby and all. ;)



Isabelle is going to be a flower girl next month. I ordered her a new dress and it came in the mail this weekend. She's so excited! 


I have been doing my best to keep house, care for children, still work part-time, and maintain (kinda) my sanity while Derek's gone. Caroline is a big help. Look how she helps me keep the counters clean! Her arms may be only10 inches long- but her radius is about 3 feet. It's quite amazing actually.



Oh! Guess what?! After starting the month with more sickness and breathing treatments for Caroline she is officially completely healthy for the first time in 2015.

I'm going to say that again. She's officially healthy for the first time in 2015.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Well, she still has a cough but she's back to her non-cranky-all-the-time-self, she's sleeping better, and she's just SO much more pleasant to be around. So last night I got 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep, which is also a first for 2015.

6 hours of uninterrupted sleep.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, the criterion for getting excited these day. I actually received a birthday coupon in the mail from our grocery store the other day for $10 off. I told Derek that I know I am getting old when $10 off groceries is actually a pretty cool gift!

So much for a quick minute. I'm cutting into my uninterrupted hours of sleep. Have a great week!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and I always try to reply. Make sure you include your email so I can contact you!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails