Friday, April 24, 2015

Turning 31

My birthday was Tuesday of this week. Derek did an excellent job planning the day full of all the things I love the most. Like, he actually made an itinerary. He surprised me with a day off work, we picked Jackson up from school early and we spent the day hanging out as a family. It was wonderful! 


The day included:
  • Eating my favorite breakfast ever-- Hardee's biscuits and gravy
  • Receiving the cutest Happy Birthday video message from my nephew, Eli
  • Finishing up my patio garden
  • Going to the Money Museum at the Federal Reserve bank
  • Getting free money!!!! -- albeit, shredded money. :( :( :( 
  • Checking out my favorite view of the city
  • Penciling the dates for the shows at Starlight Theater this summer because Derek bought season tickets!
  • Hanging out with my brother
  • Enjoying dinner on the patio
  • Visiting with my bro and sis-in-law
  • Eating my gifted chocolate covered strawberries in secret so I wouldn't have to share
  • Not blowing out candles because it was windy and/or the kids beat me to it :)
  • Getting a much needed hair cut-- shampoo and head massage included
  • Watching a movie (my pick!) with Derek 




I met up with Dad for lunch on Wednesday and we are headed up to my parents tomorrow so Mom can cook me dinner.  :) My brother told me that this is my first irrelevant birthday and that may be so, but it was certainly a GREAT birthday so I'm okay with it. My sister asked if I finally looked my age, and my response to that is, "only if I'm Benjamin Button!" 

I had several phone calls, text messages, facebook messages, emails-- I felt so loved and was reminded of all of the great people in my life. It was the perfect way to turn 31! 

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and I always try to reply. Make sure you include your email so I can contact you!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails