Sunday, July 12, 2015

A Wet Week

My hands have been soaked to the point of raisin-fingers three times this past week, not including any showers. It has been a very, very wet week. Had it all been from swimming, I think I could manage. But sitting in the rain for hours has taken it's toll and I'd be okay with simply staying indoors when the next storm system comes through!

Both kids finished up baseball season playing in the rain on Tuesday night. 


Caroline was thrilled about it, obviously. 


I expected Belle to be deterred by the rain, but Derek said she play a great (albeit, her typical distracted self) game. And she loved playing in the rain with friends during the rest of Jack's game. 


Friday night, Derek and I had tickets to see Cinderella at Starlight. It poured and poured and poured-- roads were even flooded on our way to the theater. It's rain or shine show, so we just put on some ponchos and dealt with it. The show was amazing; so worth it!


The rain did help out our garden! We picked green beans, carrots, and cucumbers yesterday.


Today we were all wet, but fortunately, it wasn't from rain this time!




Derek flew out to Spain this weekend for work and I like to do fun things during while he's away to help with the transition. Caroline stayed with Grandma Linda and the big kids and I spent FOUR hours in the water. I really, really enjoyed hanging out with these two. We played, and played, and played. It'd say that the early bedtime for the girls (Jack is up at my parents, so who knows what time he'll go to bed!) is going to help me get stuff done around the house, but instead, I'm just as worn out! :) 

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and I always try to reply. Make sure you include your email so I can contact you!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails