Sunday, August 9, 2015

Blogging catch-up

Knock knock
Who's there?
Ketchup
Ketchup who?
It's about time Amy "ketchups" her blog! 

Ha. Forgive the joke. But those are the kind of jokes that are going on in this house these days!

Remember how I mentioned that I was going to get better at blogging just one month ago and here I am a worse one than before?! I gotta get a post in real quick lest an entire month go by without writing! I know that none of you are devastated at my lack of posting. I, however, am bummed that I haven't been able to get back into the groove after having Caroline. Can I still use having a baby around as an excuse? 

Actually, working part time is much more time consuming than I had ever imagined. It's only 18ish hours a week and I do love my job! But the cramming in to a few days a week what I used to have a full week to do that really has me playing catch-up most of the time. I am hoping that once school starts and routine sets in, I'll have a little more predictable time to gather my thoughts every once in awhile! Maybe? 

So, once again... here's my collection of what we've been up to this month:



Isabelle got her first trophy for t-ball this summer!



Jack got to experience an ambulance ride to the ER after ingesting a nut. Gosh, receiving that phone call was seemingly more traumatic for myself than Jackson's allergic reaction, from what I've been told. Good grief that was a nightmare. Fortunately, I had a great friend who talked to me on the phone while I had to drive forever 40 minutes to see him! Walking into the ER to see your kiddo hooked up... oh, the tears. And that was after everything was all okay. The doctor was great and engaged in so much baseball talk that I really think it put Jack at ease. We do have an epi-pen, but it just wasn't with him at the time. Less learned and no more nuts!


Derek came home from Spain. Yay! And then Derek traveled to New Orleans for a week. And then came home. Yay! Caroline LOVES to hear Daddy play the guitar.


Caroline turned ten months! She's so full of personality and is SO much fun (whenever she's not teething, of course). She gives great kisses, loves to wrestle with the big kids, and is still swaddled when she sleeps. #swaddledforlife 



We attended a fun family day activity with the Child and Youth program with the National Guard the weekend Derek got back from New Orleans. First, we did some fun family team building exercises and then headed to a Royals game.


Isabelle took a fall backwards on the escalator and required some glue to get put back together by a Royals physician. Once she got some free popcorn, she was totally fine! :)


Caroline cheered on the team-- and made the big screen!


The kids and I joined friends to a trip to the zoo!


Jack lost a tooth. 


We visited the park! 


And have enjoyed a few more trips to the pool


Last week, I had an unfortunate trip to my hometown to attend the funeral of a high school friend. Because neither my boyfriend or his girlfriend at the time could go to prom, we decided to go together. It was the best time I ever had throughout high school at a dance! I went digging for the prom pictures and I keep looking at them and remembering the kind, funny guy he was-- the guy that made everyone around laugh and smile, the guy who was willing to dance like a fool! He was such a good man. My heart breaks for those he has left behind, but rejoices in that he loved Jesus!



We picnicked at Crown Center to watch Frozen under the stars. The big kids are great with Caroline. Sharing shaved ice...


and letting her "feed" them! :)


And today before church, Isabelle broke out the snow boots-- which went well with the heat advisory for the day, as well. :)


School starts this week for Jackson and Isabelle starts preschool next week. Both are very, very excited. I am craving some routine! And less sibling fighting. And cooler temperatures. And football season!

Hopefully I'll be back with back to school pictures soon. :)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and I always try to reply. Make sure you include your email so I can contact you!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails