Friday, April 2, 2010

Deanna Rose Farmstead

Yesterday was opening day for Deanna Rose Farmstead. The weather was BEAUTIFUL and Elizabeth (Chacey's mom) had the day off work, so we loaded up the kids and headed out to visit the animals. This is some of the best, free fun to be had in Kansas City.

We found the chickens first

Stopped to play at the playground for a bit

Jackson walked right up to the calves and couldn't get enough...

...until he found the Mama cow and tried to climb in.

We paused to play on the tractor

Then we went to visit the baby goats. Jackson had to go make friends with every single goat in the pen. He literally waved "hi" to them all.

I don't know why this picture turned out so bright- but you can still see Jackson hugging two goats at once.
 
Chacey felt a little differently about the goats. So she decided to let Jackson pet the goat, while she petted Jackson. That works, right?


We visited some older goats next. It took a bit of convincing that the pellets were food for the goats- not for Jackson. But he got the hang of it.

We made our way to look at the bison, the long-horned steer, and the ducks. He just enjoyed taking in all the sights.

Lastly, we stop by the waterfall on our way out.

We all had so much fun.When we went last fall, Jackson was 10 months old and a little shy with the animals. This time, he had no problem walking up to pet the animals-- he was in little boy heaven. Seeing him having so much fun is my favorite part of being a mommy.

6 comments:

  1. Awesome pics! And thanks so much for stopping by Theta Mom - following you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a really fun place to take my boys. Where is it at? I responded to Blogfrog also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is at Deanna Rose Farmstead in Overland Park, KS. It is so super fun for all ages and it is free Mon-Thurs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! Stopping by from SITS and blog frog. I am new to all of this to and I randomly clicked on your link. I love your blog and your family is precious! We have something similar here in Houston that I can't wait to take my 1 yr old to. He loves animals! Hope to keep in touch. Come drop by and say hello if you get the chance. I am doing a giveaway this week- just FYI

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pictures and I LOVE goats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much adorbaleness in this post. What a great outing.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and I always try to reply. Make sure you include your email so I can contact you!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails