Thursday, April 29, 2010

Where a kid can be a kid (and the food is disgusting)

With the end of the semester schoolwork (yes, I have had all semester to work on these papers and yes, I should have started them sooner) and the never-ending yard work that accompanies home ownership I have fallen behind in posting events as they've happened. So, I have some catching up to do.

As we are now counting down the days before Derek leaves, we are trying to capitalize our time together and work on making memories. (Shouldn't this be the goal in everyday living and not just when a significant separation is in the future?) Well, a few weekends ago, Derek wanted take Jackson to Chuck-E-Cheese and I said, "why not?"

We had a lot of fun. The pizza was gross.

Jackson loved the horse game. Well, he enjoyed riding the horse and couldn't care less about the race.

Like mother, like son- Jackson loved Skee ball.

But, he has a different technique when it comes to the getting the balls in the targets. Though, despite being inches away, he still only put the balls in the 1,000 point slot.

And when Jackson lost interest in a game while it was still going- Derek took over. He did awesome at toddler whack-a-mole game.

And of course, being one and all, sometimes he was more interested in the buckles and other random things instead of the actual ride.

We had a really good evening. But next time (because somehow I know there will be a next time) we will be sure to grab pizza somewhere else and then head over to Chuck-E-Cheese just to play the games.

1 comment:

  1. I thought for sure this would be about McDonalds based on the title, but now I remember the old Showbiz Pizza jingle...where a kid can be a kid. :) What a bummer about the pizza, we have actually enjoyed it at our local Chuck E Cheese franchise.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and I always try to reply. Make sure you include your email so I can contact you!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails