Thursday, June 9, 2011

They loved her first

Well, Julie flew home yesterday. Doesn't it seem like she just got here!? The good-bye was pretty teary, but I managed myself pretty well... Until I came home at the end of the day to an empty house. Ugh. It's been awful! I've been in a complete bummed out mood for the past two day; it's almost as bad (if not worse) than a bad breakup. If I had my way, I would spend the next week on the couch watching the Gilmore Girls eating chocolate ice cream!! It doesn't help that Derek is on active duty this week. Not just because it makes me extra lonely, but there's no one to tell me to stop eating fudge pops.

I am forcing myself to think happy thoughts, so I am sharing some of my favorite pics from the past year.





Jackson is wearing Julie's basketball uniform and shoes!




I stole this next pic from her mom's facebook page, but it was too cute not to share! Look how happy her dad is to see her. This has taken the sting away a little bit. She's back with her family and they have missed her so much! Seriously, do you just feel the happiness from this picture?!?!

This has been a ridiculously busy time. Like, too busy to blog! *GASP* So many updates coming soon, once Derek manages to put the keys back on my laptop. Yes, again. I get bonus points for making this blog post happen with half of my letters missing.

We are off to St. Louis tomorrow for my nephew's second birthday! It's also our 5th wedding anniversary tomorrow, but Derek's got a date with the army, so I will just celebrate with our cute little third anniversary present!

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. ohhh my gosh the picture with her Dad makes me want to cry! So precious..but I know you miss her: I do too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Amy.
    I am Julie's cousin, Maria, and I just want to thank you for making Julie's year as an exchange student so very precious! I totally understand that you miss her - and I am sure that she misses you just as much. I know how hard it is to have 2 families in 2 countries. I myself was an exchange student in Spokane, WA many years ago and not a day goes by without thinking about my Amercian family and friends! But remember: you have a Danish daughter for life now and you are always welcome here in Denmark. You have opened your heart and home to Julie and so we do the same for you :o)
    All the best

    Maria Tarp

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a bummer! I loved Julie! I know you did too! :(

    But seriously - that picture with her dad is priceless! I love it so so so much!

    And at least now you have a reason to visit her! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and I always try to reply. Make sure you include your email so I can contact you!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails