Sunday, August 21, 2011

Six Months!

I know I say this every month, but I really can't believe Belle is already 6 months old! She is seriously the happiest baby you've ever met (I've seen her smile while crying at times!). Also, the squirmiest. And definitely the cutest!

Dear Belle,

First off, I have to say that I love your name. I don't know exactly what it is, but I just love it. And people say such sweet things when I tell them your name! A guy at the store actually said, "how charming!" once... and it took all my restraint not to say, "I know, isn't it!?!?" Ha. Sometimes, okay often, you get called Bella-- which is NOT your name, but I try not to get all crazy about it. I should have seen it coming; Isabella was the number one name last year for little girls. Oh well! I still love your name!

I spent an entire week without you this month. It was miserable without you! I missed you and your happy smile so much. Grammy took good care of you.

Seriously, you are the happiest. baby. ever!!!! Look at this smile!

This month has been a big month for you. You started sleeping through the night 100% of the time. Yay!!! Also, you figured out baby food really wasn't that bad and actually started opening your mouth to eat! That has made meal times *so* much easier. You're starting to sit up for longer periods of time, but you haven't mastered it completely because you just WILL NOT hold still. And that leads us to your biggest milestone-- you started crawling! You are one ambitious little girl, I must say. (watch the video here)

You enjoy sitting in high chairs (and carts) when we go places! Look at you!!

You're going to sleep routine has become pretty easy over this past month. We can just put you down, unswaddled, and you will play until you sleep! Super easy. You love to cuddle with Pink Ruff-Ruff (a gift from a friend) and I have found you on more than on occasion with your head covered whether it be with Pink Ruff-Ruff, the bumper pad, your clothes... weird, but cute. You are very good at playing in your crib after you wake up and you are simply delightful when we come get you out. 

cuddling with and covered by pink ruff-ruff!

 Your schedule goes something like this: 
Awake: 8ish, 6 oz bottle
Nap: 9:30ish
Awake: 10:30-11ish, play/run errands
Lunch: another 6 oz bottle, baby food- yum!
Nap: 12:30-1:30ish
Awake: 3-4ish, another bottle, play!
Quick Nap: between 5-6ish, about 30 minutes
Awake: Playtime with daddy, bottle, baby food dinner!
Bedtime: between 8-9ish
Other tidbits: People tell me all of the time that you look just like me, even Daddy. You do have his chin, but I guess the rest is all me. You entertain yourself, and us, with your tongue (watch video here). It is just about as wiggly as your body. You jibber-jabber all of the time. (My parents would probably agree to saying that is just like me as well). And your happy sounds are very loud and high pitched. We love when you're happy, but we don't love the sounds. You really aren't much of a giggle-er. Sometimes you let out a little chuckle, but even as I continue to flail about in the same fashion that triggered the first laugh, you keep your amusement to yourself. But it does make the times you do let out some giggles that much more precious!

You chew on everything, but no teeth yet.

You have the ability, but outright refuse to hold your bottle.

And you love to swing! (outside anyway; not a fan of the baby swing)

You helped Aunt Laura move into her college dorm last week.

Belle, you are so much fun right now! Daddy loves coming home to play with you. You are super easy going and just so happy all of the time. I'm having so much fun watching you get bigger each and every day. We love you so much sweetie!
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. I can't believe she is already 6 months old!! And so very very precious too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so cute! Time flies! And I too love her name!

    ReplyDelete
  3. quarta (gangsta name)August 22, 2011 at 12:20 PM

    SO CUTE!

    *apartment

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing the idea there would be some apprehensions from segment but i am up for it.
    six month smiles London

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and I always try to reply. Make sure you include your email so I can contact you!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails