Thursday, June 28, 2012

My blog! {linking up with Jenna again}

I’m combining day 2 and day 3 together and linking up with Jenna again! :)
------------------------
Tell us about your blog. What do you blog about? Why do you blog? How did you start blogging? What kinds of things do you/are you willing to share with the world? Where do you find your topic inspiration?
----------------------
I first starting blogging when I was pregnant with Jackson {so, 4 years ago!}. My posts were less than monthly and merely just updates for friends and family. I began blogging with more frequency as Jackson approached his first birthday and eventually I found myself as an active blogger.
As I blogged more frequently and began to have followers that I didn’t personally know, I wanted to take our last name out of the title and began searching for a new name! At the time we were preparing for my husband’s nine month absence as he trained for the army, looking forward to hosting a foreign exchange student {yes, while he was gone!}, I was in grad school, plus doing the normal wife/mom thing… thus Wife hat, Mom hat was born and here I am! :)
My blog space is primarily just a glimpse into our lives. My favorite blogs I read are just everyday blogs and so that’s what I spend most of my time doing! I’ll share a DIY project or issue based posts every once in awhile. Mostly it’s just stuff I want to remember {and/or use against my kids some day… like this picture of Belle}.
4049b9f2bc9d11e1abb01231382049c1_7
--------------------Tell us about your social media! Where can we find you? Link to your twitter, pinterest, Facebook, instagram, or google +. If you don't use those sites, then tell us why not! Also, what are your favorite websites? Are there any that you check daily? What do you like about them?
-------------------
Do I use social media?! Uhm… one might say I have an addiction. Other than blogging, I’m on facebook, twitter, and instagram {amy_421}. I am still trying to figure out a google+ page for my blog—that will happen when I have time {ha, yeah right!}. I do have pinterest, but I barely use it.
My favorite websites. Hhmm… well, I pretty much “like” most of my favorite sites on facebook, subscribe via RSS, or follow on twitter, so I don’t visit many different sites per say, but I gather a lot of their information otherwise. I will check out videos and new stories shared by friends a lot. I do check my google reader for my favorite blogs almost daily. And Wonderwall {on facebook} is my guilty celebrity gossip indulgence. Oh, I do check slickdeals.net almost daily as well. I love stumbling across an awesome deal.

1 comment:

  1. Hello! Stopping by from Jenna's. What a great blog! So fun! I love the design. I grew up in a military family, so always enjoying reading about them

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and I always try to reply. Make sure you include your email so I can contact you!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails