Monday, October 18, 2010

Small town and family fun

I look forward to the third weekend in October every single year. I travel up to my itty bitty hometown every year that I can for the MO Days Festival. The Marching Band competition along with the craft booths, pork tenderloin sandwiches, and running into old friends-- it's enough to get me excited every year.

Of all of the things I enjoy about the weekend, the marching band competition is by far my favorite, including the parade. I spent 6 years of my life being in every single parade around that I never got the chance to actually watch any, so I definitely don't take the privilege for granted! With over 33 bands competing this year, the parade is very long-- running over an hour and a half, but it's so worth it. And I always sit near the music judge to ensure the bands are playing when they march by (it's also where the Baptist association has free hot chocolate and cookies to share. What an awesome coincidence!).

This year we sat with Chacey's family (for those who completely didn't realize-- I went to High School with her mom, so that's how we know each other. We both just happen to live in the same place again, just under two hours from "home") so that the kids could entertain each other in case they weren't into the parade as much as us former band nerds adults were.



I couldn't quite figure out what Jackson was doing at this time, but I thought his Rough & Touch sweatshirt seemed appropriate...

And of course, with every parade comes candy!! The kids were so cute to pick it up and put it in the bag (unless it had a white wrapper, then they just refereed to it as trash). 

Jackson would get so excited every time candy was thrown in his direction. He would throw his hand out and squeal-- the very thought that someone would throw candy at his feet was the most amazing thing ever! And it never losts it's excitement, even after an hour into the parade he was still squealing about candy. It was very entertaining to us all and Elizabeth even got a short clip.


We spent a little bit of the day visiting with my grandma's before heading back down to my parents house, where we hung out for the rest of the weekend. We've been so busy lately that it was really nice just to have some family time.

Aunt Laura came home from college

We all went to watch Ashley's football game on Friday night

We had a great weekend!!! How was your weekend?!
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. We went to a similar festival in our area (northern Virginia), and we loved it, too!

    Your blog is great! I'm following you on Twitter now.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and I always try to reply. Make sure you include your email so I can contact you!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails