Friday, March 14, 2014

A-Z Book Survey

Several weeks ago, I came across this book survey on a few blogs (My So-Called Chaos and Wild Blue Yonder and I thought it'd be fun to do myself! Today, Kelly from Kelly's Korner is having a reading link-up and so I thought it'd a perfect day to share! 


A: Author you've read the most books by: Meg Cabot, for sure! 

B: Best Sequel Ever: Hhm... I am a big fan of book series, so I am often a fan of sequels! The best, maybe the 3rd book in the Princess Diaries series Princess in Love, by Meg Cabot (of course!). 

C: Currently Reading: Nothing... GASP! I need to go pick a new book from the library!

D: Drink of Choice While Reading:  I don't really have a drink. Mostly because I want to be laying down. Maybe a Coke?

E: E-Reader or Physical Book?  I do love having a physical book, but I really love the convenience of an e-reader. I borrow books from the library instantaneously and no late fines! 

F: Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Dated in High School: I'd like to say Four from Divergent. But who knows, I probably would have dated Ron Weasley or something. 

G: Glad You Gave This Book a Chance: The Hunger Games, Suzanne Collins. A friend brought the book series to me and said "READ THESE!". They sat on the shelf for months and months because the premise sounded awful! 

H: Hidden Gem Book: Sparkly Green Earrings: Catching the Light at Every Turn by Melanie Shankle. I stumbled across a free promotion for this book one afternoon (another reason I love e-readers!) I wasn't sure what to expect! It's a fun little book by a mom-blogger and was such a great read about find the glimpse of God in the most mundane or super silly parts of motherhood. She has another book that I want to read!

I: Important Moment in Your Reading Life: I'm going to go with reading The Outsiders for the second time in 6th grade. Over Christmas break of my 6th grade year, my family moved from Cleveland to St. Louis. The curriculum of the second semester in St. Louis (in every subject) was a repeat of what I had already done first semester in Cleveland. It was pretty boring and incredibly easy. But, when it came time to read The Outsider's a second time, I really enjoyed it. I wasn't reading to fill out worksheets or to contribute to class discussions (I already knew the answers!) so I really just read it for fun and I focused on the things I liked about the book!

J: Just Finished: God’s of Guilt by Michael Connelley. It’s the 5th book in the Lincoln Lawyer series. It’s a GREAT series!)


K: Kinds of Books You Wont Read: Romance Novels. No thanks! Also anything by Nicholas Sparks. Way too sappy.

L: Longest Book You've Ever Read: Without a doubt, the Diagnostic and Statistic Manual for Mental Disorders (DSM-IV-TR). I have actually read the book in it's entirety.  As for fiction, I have no idea. The Harry Potter books got pretty long at the end of the series, so that's my best guess. 

M: Major Book Hangover Because Of: Every series I have ever read.

N: Number of Book Cases You Own: I rarely ever purchase books. We are avid library users! We do have one bookcase in Derek's office and it's pretty packed full. 

O: One book you have read multiple times: The Outsiders. I have read the book multiple times, even outside of 6th grade. :) I just love the story! 

P: Preferred place to read: Anywhere quiet and I can read uninterrupted. I'm not picky. I do love a comfy chair or being curled up in bed. 

Q: Quote That Inspires You From a Book You've Read:
 “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.”
― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

R: Reading Regret: Every attempt I have made in trying to read Pride and Prejudice. I can't keep track of the characters. I get bored to death and end up having to get the movie from the library to figure out the point. 

S: Series You Started But Still Need to Finish (All Books Are Out): , I am pretty obsessive committed to finishing a series once I start, so if the sequels are out, I’ve already read them (or am on the waiting list at the library to receive them). 

T: Three of your Favorite Books: So hard! I feel like I have a ton of favorites across different genres... but if I have to narrow it down: Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers, Size 12 is not Fat by Meg Cabot, The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton.

U: Unapologetic Fangirl For: Young Adult fiction and celebrity memoirs

V: Very Excited for This Release More Than Others:  I don't really keep up with forthcoming books unless it's by accident. And by accident, last week I happened to read that JK Rowling is coming out with a sequel to The Cuckoo's Calling (under the Robert Galbraith pen name) and I'm pretty excited about that!

W: Worst Bookish Habits: After a really good book, sometimes I get in such a book rut because I just know that anything I read next won't be as good. So often, I have to pick something COMPLETELY different, so I don't try to compare. Other times, I might go a month (or more!) without picking up a book!

X: X Marks the Spot, Start at the Top of Your Shelf and Pick the 27th Book: Turns out, the 27th book is We Are a Part of History: The Story of the Orphan Trains by Michael Patrick, Evelyn Trickel, and Evelyn Sheets. It's a copy of the book my grandma co-authored! (She's the one in the middle!)


Y: Your Latest Book Purchase: Do book fines count? :) Like I mentioned earlier, I rarely purchase books. I am way too cheap and I'm not a big fan or rereading so I don't see much of the point. However, I did buy Divergent because it was a book club book and I couldn't wait! It was only $3 for the ebook, so it didn't seem too bad. 

Z: Zzzz-Snatcher Book-(The last book that kept you up way too late): I don’t miss too much sleep to read a book. I really value my sleep! Ha. I did set my kids in front of the TV so I could finish Divergent and not have to stay up too late. :)


I need another good book to read. What are some must-reads?
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and I always try to reply. Make sure you include your email so I can contact you!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails