Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Taste of Spring Weather

I'm pretty sure I've made my opinion known about our ridiculously cold and miserable this winter has been. But this weekend, things started to turn around and we enjoyed some fabulous 70* temps. The kids are filthy and their laundry smells like sweaty feet... but it's been wonderful (even for the fact that I didn't have to have yet another conversation about why shorts weren't acceptable to play outside for a day or two!)

We were getting so antsy to be outside that we picnicked last week, even if it was in our winter coats! (It was 50* and their little noses were red, but they didn't care!)


The warmth crept in at the end of last week and the kids all enjoyed when Grandma Linda came over for a walk during her lunch break!


Monday is when the amazing-ness arrived. Honest to goodness, REAL shorts weather!! Can you tell we're excited??


The kids were outside from after naps until bed time-- we even ate dinner outside! It's time for me to add some grilling recipes into our menu. 


We spent the weekend up with my parents while Derek was on army duty and we had a great time. Unfortunately, we forgot to bring Minnie back home with us and we had a very, VERY sad little girl. Yesterday, my dad met us on his lunch break so we only had two bedtimes without it. We happened to meet up at the zoo exit and I figured we could just pop in for about an hour or so since it was so nice! The kids had a blast. 


It was  a very impromptu trip, so I didn't have snacks or a stroller! We only visited the polar bear and the penguins.


But they didn't disappoint (and really, those are the best exhibits the zoo has to offer!) 


We were able to get a glimpse of several animals while we rode the train and the tram, so everyone was happy! They all came home and took good naps so would be ready to play outside again! We made plans to meet up with friends at the park last night. I left the house at 6pm and it was 77*. We played outside for a little bit, but the cold front was coming in quick! Our friends invited us over so we played more inside. When we headed home at 7:20, it was 48*. Didn't take long to cool off, but the warm days were a great reminder that spring is just around the corner!! 

It's going to take some getting used to giving the kids a bath every single night and their laundry being covered in actual dirt... but they have been sleeping like champs! 

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I need to get our little ones to the zoo! I'm sad to say we've never been to the one in KC. It looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and I always try to reply. Make sure you include your email so I can contact you!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails