Thursday, May 27, 2010

Walking, Talking Miracle

It was only a few short months ago when the doctors gave us news that my cousin Katelyn didn't stand much of a chance to survive her cancer treatments. I went with my mom up to Mayo Clinic the weekend things took a turn for the worse, but by the time we headed back home, Katelyn was improving miraculously- even though she still had a long way for recovery.

This past weekend, our entire household was preparing for Laura's graduation party and out of town family was arriving sporadically. Everyone was so surprised when Katelyn walked through the door after Grandma that afternoon. It was the real Katelyn, the one we all used to know: The girl with a big smile and ready for a hug.

Back in March, Katelyn's victories were sitting in a chair for thirty minutes at a time and getting out of bed to take a shower. These days she is out of the hospital and back home in Iowa (when she's not visiting Grandma) and is a walking, talking miracle. Katelyn still has major issues with not being able to eat and she showed me where she has a pump in her belly so she can get nutrients that way.

Here's a couple pictures of Laura and Katelyn, who have always been good friends since they are close in age.

Be sure to tune in tomorrow for a big surprise... My birthday present is almost finished!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and I always try to reply. Make sure you include your email so I can contact you!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails