Monday, May 10, 2010

A girl can dream

Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?

My first was Aladdin. He was just so cute and he tried to so hard to impress the girl he liked. And he could sing. There have been a few others including, but not limited to Uncle Jessie, Zach Morris, Batman, Will Turner... and now, it's Iron Man.

First I thought it was a Robert Downey Jr. thing, but it's really not. It's definitely Tony Stark. He's kind of like Batman-- a super hero without actually being "super" (aside from super good looking). No spider bite, no alien species, no vat of toxic waste-- he's just incredibly smart. And rich. So it means that he could actually exist... right??

I actually went on a date with Iron Man last night. Besides Mickey Rouke (creeptastic!) and Scarlett Johnason (overated!) it was a good movie. But, I've decided that someone that intelligent could never be so good looking. And probably not that socially normal either (surely you've met those super-smart types and sometimes they are just weird). And big biceps, probably not. But hey, that's why it's fiction! And a girl can dream.

And while I'm dreaming, I'll pretend that Jackson's name is spelled right on his clay handprint he made at Sunday School. Haha. To be honest, I didn't even notice it. I was carrying it around, showing it off, oohhing and ahhing over his first of many Mother's Day gifts. Derek didn't notice either and was in denial about it until he saw it himself. It was my sister, yesterday afternoon, that said, "Uhm... this isn't right." What kind of Mom does that make me-- that I didn't even notice?!?!!

Whether it's JACKON or JACKSON, I don't care. I still love it. :)

1 comment:

  1. Ha! Oh my goodness- I laughed out loud and then read this to Brian- who then also laughed out loud. :-) I love it! And you're right- Tony Stark is AWESOME. :-) Definitely crushworthy. What a bummer that Jackson's name is etched incorrectly in clay! But you can dream.....

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and I always try to reply. Make sure you include your email so I can contact you!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails