Friday, May 7, 2010

Mi Madre

Mom sent me a card in the mail every week when I was in college- every. single. week. They'd be cute and funny cards and she'd write a quick note about the family. Sometimes they'd have confetti in them, sometimes a newspaper clipping, sometimes a few dollars.


In high school, when we needed a cheerleading coach, Mom stepped up.  She'd bake goodies for my entire grade on my birthday (even in middle school and high school). When I was in a wheelchair after a car accident, Mom carried me piggy back in and out of the house, up and down stairs-- I was 16. My senior year, she went to every single volleyball game.


Fast forward to October 2008. When everyone came into the room to get their first glimpse of Jackson, Mom walked right passed him to come check on me first. Then for the first six-ish  months of Jackson's life, Mom would come spend the night once a week so we could get a good night's rest.


Mom is my number one go-to person when I need advice on how to be a mom myself. She's the inspiration of why I want to be a stay-at-home-mom. I don't make homemade cookies from scratch and I can't cook meals like her either. If I ever have a little girl, I can't sew matching outfits for her and her dolls or french braid her hair like she did for me. I am sure I will find other ways to be special to my kids. Though, I can only hope to pour as much into my kids as she did for me.


Thanks for everything, Mom! Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and I always try to reply. Make sure you include your email so I can contact you!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails