Thursday, May 6, 2010

The 5k

Well, I still don't have a camera, but lucky for you I still have stuff to catch up on and I won't be posting anymore of my papers from my classes this semester.

A few weekends ago (the one with the disgusting pizza) Derek ran a 5k here in town to support Belton Cares-- an organization that organizes opportunities for local students to have safe, drug and alcohol free alternatives (like after prom, etc...).

Look- there he is! He's finishing up the race!

No, I don't particularly feel like smiling- I just ran 3 miles.

Jackson ran through the finish line just like Daddy.

My two favorite boys!

Derek's dad ran the 5k too. He surprisingly still had energy to run with Jackson around the track afterward!

Derek's been running quite a bit to get in shape for the Army. Now, if only we can get rid of those shin splints-- they are a mighty nuisance for poor Derek! He went to a sports injury doctor this week and goes in for a MRI on Saturday. Hopefully they'll get them taken care of before he heads to basic or it might be a very long nine weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and I always try to reply. Make sure you include your email so I can contact you!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails