Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day & Baby Dedication

Yesterday was Mother's Day and also Belle's baby dedication! She did so good sitting in 'big church' (Jackson, too!) and she was, of course, the cutest little baby of them all!

Presenting Belle before the church

Kneeling as we prayed for guidance and strength to raise Belle in a loving, Christian home

 Look at this beauty! She's holding the gifts she received at the dedication: a flower and Bible

I wanted a cute picture of me with my kiddos. I'm not loving this pic, but it's the best I've got. Jackson sure is super handsome!

Jackson was giving me a kiss- how sweet! I just had to include it- look at Belle's headband. Ha. Poor thing. She didn't even say a word about it!


My day started yesterday with an "Iwuvyou" from Jackson, along with a card and DVD. He was so excited to tell me about how he drew in the card! Derek cleaned my car earlier this week as a Mother's Day gift and I was also treated to shopping time ALONE over the weekend! It was nice to have some me-time, but I couldn't wait to get back to the family. Belle even took part in the gift giving by going to bed without episodes of crying and sleeping all night in her basinette!

I just love, love, love being a Mommy. Even on the days when my favorite jeans get covered in poop and snot well before 10am (like last Tuesday) or when I'm just super tired from getting up a bajillion times for feedings, diaper changes, bad dreams- motherhood is so much more rewarding than I ever expected. I am having a blast taking Jackson to do fun things and watching him grow into such a smart little boy and I could soak up Belle's gummy grins just all day.

And of course, Happy Mother's Day to my wonderful mom and to my Mother-in-Law, too! Linda has treated me like a daughter since I first started dating her son- we like to shop, chat, and pedicures. I am so blessed to have such great women to be Grandma's to my children!!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. :-) That picture of you and Jackson is so precious!

    And I'm THRILLED to know that you dedicated Belle. I loooove baby dedications! We did that on sunday too. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and I always try to reply. Make sure you include your email so I can contact you!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails