Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween from Team USA!

Happy Halloween from Gabby Douglas and Michael Phelps!





I have been anticipating these costumes since August!!! And the cutest far succeeded my expectations.  It might be a stretch to say that we have a couple of future olympians on our hands as Jackson hates to have his face underwater and Belle has as much balance as a drunk frat boy. But who knows... maybe they will become quite the little athletes. 

We have plans to go to the Fall Festival at our church this evening and do a little Trick-or-Treating around our neighborhood. We've had to add some jackets and pants to these outfits because it's just not 85 degrees anymore like it was last week! We visited the library this morning. Belle got so enthusiastic about a tootsie roll that she ate the wrapper and everything because she couldn't wait for me to open it. Extra fiber, I guess!

Here's a breakdown of the costume cost:
  • biker shorts: $2 - clearance at Target
  • swim cap: $6 - ebay
  • medals: $2 - Dollar Tree ($1 per package of 8)
  • onesie: $1 - thrift store
  • gold paint: $1 - Wal-mart 

Total $12 for both! Not bad for some super cute costumes! Fortunately, we picked up the American Flags at the parade last week! Especially considering that the shorts will go into Belle's outfit for next summer and Jackson loves to pretend he's Michael Phelps. He's even worn the swim cap during nap time. Seems like we'll get our money's worth out of it!

oh! and the photos were taken by our wonderful photographer friend at Dani Gillihan Photography

Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. Amy, those are adorable! So creative, thrifty and one of a kind. Your kids are the cutest. Thank you for linking up with us.

    Mrs. Hart
    http://TheRHOK.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Just Awesome! Love the whole idea.

    <3 from Texas and McKinney Mommas

    http://mckinneymommas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love!!!! BEST costumes ever!!! So creative and funny! (and of course adorable!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab photos! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing these sweet pictures of darling kids with darling costumes at http://www.finecraftguild.com . A new linky party opens today! Come join. We'd love to see your creative pursuits from this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, they are so adorable!! Thank you for entering my Halloween Costume Contest. I hope you and your readers will come back to vote for your favorites!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm doing the same for my son this Halloween. I have a white swim cap as well. How did you get the American flag and Phelp's name on the side? Are they stickers? Please let me know what worked for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have your email, so I hope you see this! I held the flag behind the kids while a friend snapped the pic. And I ordered the swim cap off ebay-- it came with his name and signature on the side. Easy peasy!

      Delete

I love comments and I always try to reply. Make sure you include your email so I can contact you!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails