Friday, July 9, 2010

Friday Night Flicks

I was running behind and didn't get to share about the tons of fun we had last Friday night! I will tell you all about it today and you'll know exactly what we'll be doing again tonight!

Friday night + July + Kansas City = Free Friday Night Flicks!!

I just love the summer movies at Crown Center and I'm so thankful for our friends Justin and Audrey who got us hooked. It's fun to get out of the house, hang out with friends, have a picnic, and lounge around until dark for the movie to start. 

But before the movie fun could start, we got their early to save our spots and enjoy some fun at Crown Center. We walked around a bit, picked up some dinner, and then headed over to the fountains to let Jackson have his fun playing in the water.


Jackson didn't care much for the fountains when they were taller than him, but he loved to go splash when they were small. At 7:00, the fountains put on a show that was choreographed to some music. That was neat to watch and Jackson loved to dance. Jackson colored on the sidewalk and had lots of fun walking up and down the stairs.

But then we settled down, got comfy in our chairs.
(I snuggled up in a blanket on the ground).

And we waited for the movie to start around 9:15ish
(after it gets dark).

Last week the movie was Pretty in Pink, a 1986 chick flick. I spent the entire movie trying to figure out why that one kid looked so familiar and was proud of myself when I figured out he was the guy from Two and a Half Men. When I mentioned it to Derek, he was like, "Uhm... yeah, they mentioned that before the movie, but you were still reading your book." Ugh...

Tonight's movie is Jurassic Park and we've recruited some more friends to go. The more the merrier! 

3 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! When I was a freshman in college, the Student Activities group used to do movies on the soccer field with big projection screens like that. I loved watching movies under the stars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love watching kiddos play around in fountains! They have such a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what fun! :D That would be a blast outside! :D Great pics!

    Have a great day!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and I always try to reply. Make sure you include your email so I can contact you!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails