Saturday, July 3, 2010

For real this time...

Earlier in the week I mentioned losing a friend merely because she was out of town for several weeks. Unfortunately, I'm here to write about a real loss this time.


His name was Andre Bess. I won't claim that I was BFF's with the guy, but I served along side him, along with my Sunday School class, at Hope Faith Ministries earlier this year. He was such a friendly guy and hugged us all like we had all known each other forever. Before we began to serve, he took us on a tour of the facility and chatted with us about the great things happening in the ministry. He was so excited to for the ministry to move to a larger facility to reach more people.

This past week, Andre was murdered in his home. A friend called and left a voicemail that she'd seen this story on the news and it's taken a bit for me to process. Really, he is the first person that I have ever known to be murdered. It's just tough to understand why someone would want to hurt someone who worked so hard to bring himself out of homelessness and with such a dream to make a difference in the lives of others.

On a positive note, Andre did love the Lord and is surely in a better place now. I guess it means that we all need to do a little bit more of serving others to make up for the loss our world has experienced this week.


Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. G'morning, Amy. Thanks so much for stopping by and visiting with me.

    I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. What a senseless death. The ways of the world can be so harsh at times.

    Good luck on winning the $70.00 gift card..you can leave as many comments as you like to increase your chances. :))
    Good luck !!
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never knew this happened, so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never knew this happened, so sad.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and I always try to reply. Make sure you include your email so I can contact you!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails