Monday, July 5, 2010

Taste of Chicago

I can't believe I haven't blogged about the yummiest part of our trip to Chicago last weekend yet. We happened to be in the city the same weekend as Taste of Chicago was going on and I'm so glad it happened to work out that way!


So, basically restaurants in the area that are distinct to the city all come to one place for a 10-day annual event. Each place offers a handful of items, their specialty, and you get to walk up and down the area picking and choosing from a kazillion options of all sorts of food. It's a great, albeit overwhelming, place to be when you're starving.

This pic isn't mine, it's from Wiki, but it shows what is was like with the booths and the floods of people.

First, we purchased the tickets. Thanks Uncle Richard for treating us with the "lunch money."


Then, we made our way through the booths determining what we wanted to eat. Each booth had four options of entree sized portions (approx. 8 tickets) and two snack sized portions (4 tickets-ish). It was great way to try a bit of everything.

Deliciousness #1: Seasoned Cheese Fries

Next, Laura picked a BBQ Beef sandwich.

I tried out some Chicago-style pizza--
not bad, not phenomenal

Michelle, our Chicago-native cousin, got some fajitas

Laura got some ice cream for dessert. She did share a bite,
but I was a little scared for my life after I asked.

Michelle took got some cheesecake for desert and lovingly took some home to her hubby!

It was way cool to try lots of different places all in one area, heck all in one meal. Now, it is past my bed time and now I'm starving. I could really go for some of those seasoned cheese fries!

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. OK, that so sounds like heaven to me!! I love food, and I especially love all kinds of yummy food together in one place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love tastes of...and I can only imagine how good chicago's was..I only have done Cincinnati and Syracuse so far...but the pictures make me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks yummy - Daddy would be SO jealous... he's a bit of a foodie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looked liked so much fun! I am glad you had a great trip. Stopping by from ifellowship and I am now following you. I hope you have a great Wednesday!

    http://www.itsournewlife.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun! :D Looks like some amazing food!

    Visiting from iFellowship!!

    Have a great day!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks so yummy. How can you choose!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! My city does something similar. Taste of North Austin. We went last year (in the pouring, and I mean, pouring rain) and we had a blast! Love these types of festivals!

    BTW - I grabbed your button!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and I always try to reply. Make sure you include your email so I can contact you!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails