Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Laundry

My new washer and dryer got delivered today. I am a little bit disappointed. My laundry still isn't done; it's still piled high in my bedroom waiting to be taken downstairs. I was just kinda hoping that they'd be magic or something, but no such luck.


Awhile back, I posted about how our dryer wasn't drying well and we'd have to run in 2-3 cycles just to dry the clothes. And then, just days after Derek leaves, the washer decided to not drain the water, nor spin, any longer. Fortunately, Derek was accessible by phone at the time and we decided it'd be best just to get a new set.

Home Depot has free haul away of the old appliances-- ah.may.zing! The only issue I had was getting the standing water out of the washer so the guys could take it away. It probably wouldn't have been a big deal, except that I had forgotten about it and then remembered about the water days later. I went down to get the sheets out of the water and proceeded to run up the stairs in time to vomit outside on the grass. Needless to say, it smelt baaaaaaaaad.

A wonderful friend, Brad, got the sheets out for me and set them outside to air out, but we didn't have time to mess with the water that day. So, then last night I realized that it needed to be done pronto, so I called upon my friend, Brandon. He came over with a wet vac and got it all cleaned out with bleach. Don't I have amazing friends? Even better- Brandon came over to mow the yard today.

One thing is for certain- I am completely taken care of by the people around me. Even though the things that have come up since Derek's left have been annoying (i.e. mold in my pantry. UGH!), I have great people to rely on to help me out. I'm a lucky girl!

Anyone wanna volunteer to take care of the laundry? ........... No??..... Anyone?!?..... I just thought I'd ask.
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. You need to build one of those laundry chutes like they had on Home Improvement and Home Alone!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, that sour, rotten smell when someone leaves stuff in the washer is the WORST! I can't even imagine it with all that water still in there! I am so glad you had friends to help you, because there is no was I could have dealt with that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new washer/dyer. If I see the laundry fairy in my house, I will send her your way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for new machines! Don't forget to try the vinegar as fabric softener. It has forever changed the way I do laundry! My clothes are SO soft and it doesn't irritate our skin the way regular softeners do! Maybe it'll get you excited enough to get a load done? No? It was worth a try...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Try making your own laundry soap...I love it!! I would gladly do your laundry for you if I was there...one of my favorite things to do as a matter of fact!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I greatly dislike laundry. It is definitely one of my least favorite chores. I am so glad you are blessed with awesome friends that will help when your husband is away.

    Stopping by from iFellowship.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh! I hate laundry! LOL At least you had a reason to be behind. My have been working perfectly and I am still begin on laundry! Stopping by from iFellowship!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and I always try to reply. Make sure you include your email so I can contact you!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails