Monday, August 9, 2010

Wanna know what I got today??

I got a new toy. And it happens to be pink. Yes, it is indeed the first pink Android phone. And she's mine. Don't tell Derek. He'll be insanely jealous (not about the pink, but about the phone).
I was sort of bummed my family was switching from Verizon to Sprint only because I just really liked my old phone, the Samsung Rouge. I found her sister phone. It's a lot more features, apps, and all sorts of bells and whistles. I just have to figure it all out. Even better- they bought my old back from me so it was basically 40% off. How awesome!

I even found Jackson some shorts for next summer at Target for only $2.50 a pair. That was pretty exciting.

And more exciting than any of this... I GOT A LETTER FROM DEREK!! Two actually. Since last Sunday, I've only received a quick three minute phone call and I he told me he mailed these letters and I have been impatiently waiting for these guys ever since Wednesday night!! The best part is that I finally have an address for him so I can start sending him letters and pictures. That is... once I can decipher the chicken scratch his handwriting. He's been writing really fast so he can finish the letter in the little free time he gets and it just makes it that much more difficult to read! But I am more than up for the challenge.

The gist of basic training so far- lots of push ups, lots of screaming, not a lot of sleep. He said he's making friends and having a good time. And that is so good to hear. I miss the guy, I really do. These past two weeks have gone by pretty fast, so here's hoping the next 33 go just as quickly!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Oh Amy, I really feel for you, I have a toddler & a teen & my hubby travels one week home then one week away for work and it is tough, I am so glad you got your letters- i bet you have had quite a few re-reads :)
    Grab some mumma time as often as you can!!
    Biggest hugs
    C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are one super strong Mommy!!! I admire your bravery!

    And I love your new phone!!! I'll try not to covet!

    What treasures you have in those letters. You should collect them & make them into a book for your children!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and I always try to reply. Make sure you include your email so I can contact you!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails