Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Custom Artwork... again.

People have been more than generous with giving me a helping hand since Derek's been gone. People have mowed my yard, watched Jackson, cooked dinner among many other things. Well, the other day at church a couple of ladies who clean houses by vocation, came up to me and asked if they could come and clean house-- at no cost every couple of weeks. I was around a ton of people, having a rather not-very-good day, and it literally took all my effort not to cry as I said, "Uhm... yes, please!"

So, they came over yesterday morning. They tackled the kitchen, dining room, living room, the bathrooms, all the bedrooms. I mean, it looked spectacular. I say looked because I have since cooked and Jackson has gotten out all of his toys, but it's only clutter. I can see out of my windows, no grimy fingerprints. I'm no longer distracted by the dust on my picture frames and shelves down the hallway. The crayon all over the bathtub (it's allowed) is all cleaned up and so is the artwork on the wall where Jackson redecorated the week before Derek left.

They ladies spent several hours here in the morning and left around the time I was getting lunch ready for the kiddos. Jackson was having a meltdown, "I waaaant a baaanaaanaaa" and I was willfully ignoring him. I walked in to put their plates on their table* to find an entirely new piece of artwork on my wall by a very pretty, little cutie who just likes the color purple.


Seriously!?! The cleaning ladies had only been gone not even seven whole minutes. Jackson had carried in the box of crayons in the midst of his fit and I just placed them on the counter. I did not think to count them. Clearly, there was one missing and was used to add some flair to my dining room, yet again. At least the ladies told me how to clean it off and maybe I will actually get it off before they come again.

*I've been looking for a new table for the kiddos to use. The table we were using only had one chair and the kids were able to knock it over pretty easily. I had been browsing craigslist for a few weeks and found one close by and at a good price. They used a cell phone to take a picture and I was under the impression that I was on my way to pick up gray and hunter green table. Much to my surprise, it was purple, teal, and pink. Oh well. It works!

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I think the artwork compliments the new table perfectly. Silver Lining? Well, maybe Jackson has a bright future in interior design?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! You really do have a budding little artist there!

    I love that these women are coming over to help you clean house though... so incredible, and so exactly how the world should work! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those women are saints ... I'm so glad they were able to help you out. Sometimes we just need a extra "lift" in life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Visit www.theclothing.net to buy Bridal, Lint On The Go Sheets, Tanks, Kitty, Boyfriend Jeans, Coverups, Badgley Mischka, Ema Savahl, Heels, Coverups, Two Piece, Hair_Accessories, Sleepwear Tops, Nicole Miller Prom, Hollywood Hook Up, Tees-Tanks, Books and Games on sale designed by DL1961, Rachel Pally, Rebel Yell, ginette ny, Bing Bang, Oliver Peoples Eyewear, Ashley Ashoff - always on sale!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and I always try to reply. Make sure you include your email so I can contact you!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails