Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The best part of being an Army Wife


Without a doubt, The best part of being an
 Army Wife is the pride. 

I swoon with pride every time I see him in his ACUs or his Class A's. I am reminded of what a great man that he is and the hard work he put into earning the privilege of wearing it. And even when I see just anyone wearing a military uniform, I just develop a mad respect for them. I can't help it!

I was already filled with a such pride first when Derek enlisted, and second when he graduated from basic training. That pride has only increased as he's worked hard during his additional training. He graduated from AIT today; he completed the final training in his path to becoming a soldier!


Not only did he just graduate- but he graduated as the Distinguished Honor Graduate from his class. Soldiers can earn the title of Honor Graduate by achieving a 90% gpa throughout the training. However, the Distinguished Honor Grad title goes to the top student of the class and requires 95% gpa. Derek finished with a 96.21%. Here's a tidbit from the certificate he received:
SPC Creason's impeccable military bearing, professionalism, and attention to detail are keeping with the highest traditions of military service and bring distinct credit upon himself, the 447th Signal Battalion, and the United States, Army.
Yeah, he's pretty awesome! Here's a few more pictures of the day:

Derek's Aunt Judy drove down from North Carolina to attend the graduation too! She was very excited to meet and cuddle lots with Belle!

 It was Derek's turn to be proud! He was super eager to hold his baby girl! I totally love this pic.


Seriously, this is the kind of attention that Belle draws everywhere she goes!!

These two just belong together! It's one of my favorite pictures from the day!

I'll leave with the words I wrote as Derek graduated basic training. I loved what I had to say about him and I just wanted to share it again. It is still so very true. 
Words can't really describe the amount of pride I felt watching my husband graduate that day. Less than 1% of the United States population will volunteer to enlist and make it through basic training-- furthermore, these soldiers volunteered while our nation is at war. I have been a proud wife since day one because of the loyalty, discipline, and integrity that Derek beholds. But none of that even compares to the sense of pride that comes knowing that Derek worked so hard during the 10 weeks prior to that day earning the title of American Soldier. Stripped of all privileges, he crawled through mud, slept on the ground, ran miles upon miles, completed obstacle courses, among the many other unpleasant tasks that were required of him to earn a warrior status. Surpassing all expectations, he completed this challenge. And I am so honored to be his wife.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. With you! I can't even begin to put into words how proud I am of my husband!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and I always try to reply. Make sure you include your email so I can contact you!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails