Monday, October 21, 2013

Menu Monday

I always plan our meals for two weeks at a time, so I'm going to include both weeks! Derek and I'll make one big trip to Whole Foods to both weeks, but I'll pick up the fresh veggies and other things I forget (it always happens!) at local grocery stores, typically Aldi. I love meal planning because it keeps me from going to the store several times in a single week to pick up things. Our budget appreciates it too. I'm linking up with Laura again.


  • Monday: Oven Fajitas & Black bean salad. This was on our menu two weeks ago. It was so yummy that I had to make it again. And black bean salad-- my favorite thing ever. I've never found a recipe that had all the ingredients I wanted so I just throw a black beans, red peppersa, green peppers, yellow peppers, onions, corn, cilantro, lime, corn, and tomatoes. Delish! :)
  • Tuesday: Garlic Lime Pork Chops & Cilantro Lime RiceI bought pork chops this time! I loooooove cilantro lime rice. It tastes so much like Chipotle. The recipe calls for white rice, but I have always used brown.
  • Wednesday: Lemon Garlic Tilapia & Wild RiceAnother recipe we ate recently. But again, it was a hit, so why not? I don't care for fish much, so I normally load up on veggies for this meal.
  • Thursday: Quiche, organic bacon, & whole wheat waffles with pure maple syrup! I love breakfast for dinner!
  • Friday: Roast with potatoes and carrots. Oh crockpot, I love you!
  • Saturday: Jackson's Birthday party! But before the party, we'll have tomato bisque soup and BBQ Beef sandwiches with left over roast beef for lunch.
  • Sunday: Crock-pot Whole Fryer Chicken. Again, much love to my crock pot. It's cooks overnight and while we're at church. Sunday lunch is so easy! Plus, I use the rest of the chicken in other recipes.
  • Monday: La-zombie! It's Jackson's birthday so it's his request! Most people refer to this as lasagna. :) The recipe-- it's the oh-so-delicious recipe handed down from my mother. Of course, we'll have cake and ice cream when family comes over to celebrate!
  • Tuesday: Beef tacos, refried beans. I love the leftovers for taco salad the next day!
  • Wednesday: Poppyseed chicken. Another familiar recipe. It was gone so quickly! I want more.
  • Thursday: Spaghetti. Homemade sauce on whole wheat noodles
  • Friday, Saturday, & Sunday: Derek will be at drill and I don't have anything planned. We'll probably just eat leftovers and simple things. Also this weekend-- my brother-in-law and his family are moving from St. Louis back to Kansas City. So exciting!!! :) 

As always, our dinners are full of veggies! I load up on shopping trips, but I don't really plan them with meals. My favorite is steamed broccoli with vegetable seasoning. Derek loves roasted cauliflower. Jackson is a good veggie eater and Belle is hit or miss. I bought some butternut squash this weekend from an the Amish store. I have never, ever eaten it...nor cooked it... so we'll see how it goes! Any suggestions for how to cook it??

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Trying new veggies is fun right? One thing I had never really tried but enjoyed was roasted radishes. put some olive oil + salt/garlic powder/pepper, roast until they're soft. Also you can do Asparagus this way, yum, yum, yum. As for the butternut squash, I have used it in place of pumpkin when I could get it cheaper than pumpkin for pumpkin pie/bread. My mom used to bake it then puree, then add cinnamon, brown sugar and sometimes nuts to make a dish that tasted kind of like pumpkin pie applesauce. Served hot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roast your butternut squash with coconut oil, and then mash it with a bit of maple syrup. YUM.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and I always try to reply. Make sure you include your email so I can contact you!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails